PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Profile the Commercial Sales channel to assess opportunities. Based on opportunities, identify growth segments to increase the Commercial market presence, developing the strategy for growth, and building a team to support the implementation.
- Have a thorough understanding of the market and synthesize market insights to develop meaningful long-term and short-term strategies for the Commercial portion of the business. This includes having a systematic approach to gathering, maintaining, analyzing and communicating up to date information about competitive activities, market conditions, economic influences, spec firms, customer needs, customer profiles, agency profiles, market share, etc.
- Together with Product Management, create a roadmap that satisfies current demand and identifies future growth opportunities, with consideration to aligning product offerings, features, and specifications with customer demand while maximizing value during a product’s life cycle.
- Achieve Commercial sales results within channels through the development and implementation of targeted relationship building, sales support, pricing policies, sales policies, support tools, etc. Relevant sales results include gross sales, profits, and management objectives.
- Aggressively identify and develop Commercial Sales opportunities for the WM product lines, and lead business unit changes to align offerings / support to better serve Commercial customers.
- Ensure that essential market insights about competition, general market conditions, marketing pricing/promotions, distributionchannel changes and any other items material to the business are effectively communicated to Product Managers and the Marketing team.
- Provide leadership and oversight to Commercial Sales team and support functions to provide accountability for achieving results.
- Manage commissioned Commercial Sales Reps ensuring they are adequately supporting the Weil-McLain product line and achieving growth targets
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships to ensure alignment on marketing strategy, new product development planning / implementation, and production needs.
- Develop value selling tools, in coordination with the Marketing Communications team, that differentiate our company’s products and grow accounts.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets, annual sales plans, and proactively communicate impacts to outlook and forecasts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Effective leader with proven ability to develop, coach, and mentor.
- Effective change agent with proven ability to confidently identify, plan, prioritize and implement meaningful change.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with customers, senior leaders, peers, and members of the sales organization.
- Proven strategist with the ability to identify new strategies, gain buy in, and lead to implementation.
- Proven track record of meeting commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Able to handle competing demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy.
- Strong negotiations skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degreerequired
- 10 years of sales experience in a mechanical goods or related industry
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in commercial sales within the bid/spec market and working with buy/sell reps.
- 5 years of outside sales management experience in a leadership role