Join the Popular Team!
Founded in 1893, Popular Inc. has been built upon strong institutional values while providing broad financial services within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean.
We strive to create an extraordinary legacy with a passion for customer service, tremendous dedication to our employees and strong partnerships in the communities where we reside. Come explore Popular Community Bank and see why we are “The Human Side of Banking.”
Middle Market - NY
We are currently looking for a seasoned COMMERCIAL LENDER with a transportable book of business to join our Commercial Banking team. In this position you will be required to generate business relationships and be responsible for the development and maintenance of credit and non-credit relationships with commercial clients, corporate accounts and potential clients while rendering quality service in accordance with bank goals to attain growth, profitability and client satisfaction.
In this position, you will:
- Be responsible for developing a commercial portfolio and managing relationships of this portfolio. This portfolio should have an emphasis on generating loans, deposits and other related banking products to drive profitability .
- Meet with clients and prospective clients regularly, interview and analyze the financial structure of clients and prospects and identify products or applicable services.
- Prepare reports for revision and approval of immediate supervisors and all written reports on calls made to existing and prospective accounts.
- Ability to address credit requests by applying an analytical assessment of financial statements, collateral, legal documents and prepare detailed credit memo’s to support the credit request.
- Review and analyze commercial loan reports, direct liability, non-performing, new loans and payment.
- Build effective relationships and trust with clients and potential clients by listening to and uncovering their needs and educating them about the bank products and services that are most appropriate for their situation.
To be considered, you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business required and a Masters in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in commercial credit with an established portfolio of Commercial customers.
- Effective sales ability and persuasiveness
- Effective writing and communicative skills required.
- Ability to work in a team setting on collaborative projects.