ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF)
Resident LOB professional dedicated to providing support for designated Commercial Banking Relationship Team. Works within an aligned Services Team committed to overall excellence in servicing and mitigating risk in all aspects of the client relationship, including loan and deposit accounts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Adheres to and supports Key’s compliance culture. Acts as a resource to the Team for all deposit and loan related compliance matters. Very knowledgeable about applicable federal, state and compliance regulations., including the BSA/AML program, USA Patriot ACT, OFAC and related due diligence.
- Proactively drives the loan closing process by ordering documents, identifying items and conditions to be satisfied, the party responsible, and obtaining and reviewing due diligence required for the transaction. Participates or conducts closings on behalf of the RM.
- Coordinates set-up of new and maintenance or closing of existing deposit accounts. Works in tandem with Relationship Managers, Credit partners and CCDO to ensure daily resolution to client’s overdrafts and insufficient funds.
- Displays high level of proficiency in reviewing documentation to ensure accurate representation of business terms and conformity to credit approval and policies. Ensures accuracy of booking, funding and timely processing of loan packages and opening/maintenance of deposit accounts.
- Strong partnership with Business Partners throughout the organization. Works closely with multiple parties including relationship team, operations partners, client, counsel (internal/external) and other 3rd party vendors to achieve a well-coordinated and timely loan/deposit closing.
- Proactively identifies and assists in resolving documentation issues affecting client service and risk management.
- Performs documentation reviews to ensure all loans are correctly documented and works with RM or borrower to resolve any deficiencies.
- Working in tandem with the RM and Borrower to take ownership of proper tracking and/or remediation of documentation exceptions.
- Works to resolve loan/fee payment delinquencies Determines appropriate course of action and directs resources to collect payment or otherwise clear delinquent status.
- In depth product knowledge and ability to identify referral opportunities for partner products and services. Understands the intricate details associated with various GTM products and ability to discover root cause of issues and ensure resolution.
- Responds to routine and complex client inquiries and resolves/refers to appropriate support partners. Submits service requests for DDA or general service needs. Coordinates follow-up with internal partners and clients, as appropriate, to ensure prompt and accurate completion/resolution of service requests.
- Promptly provides requested information for GRC testing and otherinternal/external audits.
MARGINAL OR PERIPHERAL FUNCTIONS
- Proactively identifies process improvements to continuously enhance client service and documentation quality
- Acts as backup when needed for STM and peer RO(s).
- Relied upon to train and mentor other ROs.
- Assists with other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years related job experience, typically at least 2 years in a Relationship Officer role with a meets or better performance rating.
- Strong understanding of commercial lending concepts.
- Excellent knowledge of commercial loan and deposit documentation with proficiency in documentation preparation, closing, and related client servicing.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the capabilities of the Laser Pro Documentation Preparation System.
- Previous experience with commercial banking support functions. Possess expertise in the overall servicing of commercial banking clients, including resolution of client issues and the ability to identify cross-sell opportunities.
- Ability to establish and strengthen effective working relationships among team members and product and support partners.
- Displays strong credit acumen
- Act as legal liaison for Teams.
- Working knowledge of Key’s commercial credit policy, credit process, products and systems.
- Working knowledge of the loan accounting systems.
- Management experience.
- Experience with Commercial Real Estate transactions.