- Conduct new business development activities including utilizing targeted lists. Ensure ongoing contact with new clients to enhance client’s initial experience. Achieve individual annual production and growth goals for business banking, deposits, fees, and loans.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of client’s needs, based on the review and analysis of personal and business financial data gathered through relationship reviews and personal meetings.
- Identify prospects, suitable methods of contact, and determine their needs and appropriate products or services, including cross market solutions (i.e. lending, deposits, treasury management, wealth management, etc.). Leverage the Bank’s turnkey solutions, including automated scoring.
- Build client referral pipeline via identification and development of internal and external center of influence.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of products and services, as well as knowledge of competitors and competitive products. Study industrial, commercial, economic, and financial situations relating to new or existing business.
- Proactively promote and cross-market bank products and services, and keep client informed of special promotions. Partner consistently with other internal business partners to uncover opportunities to deepen the client relationship.
- Be prepared to become a “team lead”, responsible for directing the work of others.
- Actively participate in community organizations to source business opportunities and maximize networking. While demonstrating Umpqua’s commitment to the local community.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- More than 10 years of relevant business/commercial banking experience or equivalent required
- Extremely strong relationship management skills, including but not limited to: new business development, analytical thinking, problem solving, strong sales skills, and advanced credit and credit quality skills.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial C&I bank products and services that result in successfully capitalizing on all opportunities to cross-sell the bank’s products.
- Proven track record of success and skills in developing new clients and business, including prospecting, sourcing and networking.
- Very strong credit analysis and commercial underwriting skills, including accounting, financial statement and cash flow analysis experience.
- Advanced knowledge of business banking, business deposits and cash management policies, procedures, practices, banking regulations and documentation, and business operations.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of bank’s credit products and underwriting policies.
- Strong knowledge of structuring credit products for small businesses in diverse industries.
- Experience with working capital, equipment and real estate financing.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent Travel