- Work independently to identify and develop profitable new "lead left" client relationships by leveraging centers of influence, existing clients, & referral sources
- Effective grow long term profitable "lead left" relationships
- Work closely with assigned Fifth Third internal partners to deepen existing relationships and acquire new high value prospective relationships.
- Attend community and/or specific industry forums, conferences and/or meetings in order to broaden relationship networks, referral sources and continually deepen knowledge of trends, practices, services and the competitive landscape.
- Work with One Bank partners (Treasury Management., Capital Markets, and Wealth Management etc.) analyze, evaluate and develop a tailored relationship strategy for each client or prospect.
- Responsible for planning and conducting relationship strategy review meetings with internal Fifth Third Business Partners and Client's trusted advisors (e.g. attorney, accountants)
- Ensure that customer relationships are managed to maximize the opportunity for the bank, while taking into account Bank risk and customer needs.
- Meet with customers on a regular basis to enhance the trusted advisor relationship and ensure business needs are being met
- Lead and coordinate all client facing activities, including credit support, treasury management, and capital markets
- Utilize the Bank's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system for client activity tracking, call reports and pipeline management. Reinforce use of CRM for assigned Fifth Third partners for monitoring pre-call and post-call activities
- Utilize consultative sells skills, commercial playbook principals and call reporting plans to enhance the client experience
- Analyze the financial information provided to determine the questions to ask to decide on the credit request that should be pursued
- Partner with Portfolio Managers and Credit Officers on credit requests and adhere to established Portfolio Management guidelines (i.e., delinquencies, documentation preparation, financial statement tracking exceptions, matured loans).
- Monitor, on an ongoing basis, information concerning customer financial performance, condition, and industry trends to determine that any credit exposure is at an acceptable risk, and priced accordingly.
No formal supervisory responsibilities. Expected to provide guidance to Commercial RM I & II
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's or Master's in Business (e.g. Business Administration, Finance, Accounting) or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years Commercial Banking experience.
- 9 years of relationship account management experience preferred.
- Formalized commercial credit training or equivalent credit experience required.
- Underwriting experience preferred.
- Proven track record of partnership with investment bankers to provide strategic and capital market advice.
- Strong business acumen, to include detailed analysis, review of financial statements and