The Commercial Relationship Manager is responsible for planning, directing and controlling business development activities for the commercial segment, $25-100MM annual revenue range throughout the Houston Region. Will ensure high performance in the areas of production, asset quality, profitability, and market development as well as provide superior service in order to compete successfully in a highly competitive banking environment.
This position will be based in our Town & Country banking center
- Promote and cross-sell various products and services through telephone calls, mailing notices and face-to face visits, with the objective of servicing, maintaining, developing new relationships, increasing the deposit and loan portfolio, increasing bank revenues and identifying current and potential business opportunities for the bank. Provide personalized attention to all bank customers in order to provide better service, attract and attain new customers and increase the presence of Amerant Bank, N.A. in the market.
- Know and increase the Share of Wallet of a customer in order to retain them and keeping them engaged increasing their lifetime value.
- Develop and maintain commercial banking relationships with businesses established in the Houston and Texas regions. Provide financial solutions to satisfy commercial business needs, establish new and/or developing existing deposit and loan relationships within this target market in order to achieve established production goals for assigned region.
- Extensive knowledge of credit and underwriting standards in accordance with the bank’s credit policy guidelines. The ability to evaluate, monitor, analyze, and control overall quality of existing credit portfolio, including related depository relationships and their activity; develop strategies to accommodate customer needs, focusing on adequate growth of relationships. Make recommendations for approval of lines of credit, commercial real estate and term loans. Make presentations to Loan Committee when required for approval of commercial credit transactions. Approve loans and other banking transactions within lending authority.
- Evaluate and take action to adequately manage and control customer overdraft and uncollected funds transactions following approval limit guidelines in order to accommodate and service customers in a financially feasible and prudent manner, with minimum risk exposure to the bank.
- Review account activity to identify, evaluate, monitor and make any recommendation deemed necessary to the Business Manager in order to assess, reduce, eliminate or control any current or prospective risks to earnings or capital arising from violations of, or nonconformance with, BSA, laws, rules regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards. Ensure that officers do business within the Bank’s policies and parameters, maintaining the desired level of exposure and risk with respect to BSA.
- Represent Amerant Bank, N.A. in different community and economic development activities such as business chambers and community related associations (i.e.: Chamber of Commerce, Rotary Club, Greater Houston Partnership, etc.).
- Identify, evaluate, monitor and make any recommendation deemed necessary to the Risk Management Committee in order to assess, reduce, eliminate or control any current or prospective risks to earnings or capital arising from violations of, or nonconformance with, laws, rules regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, banking, finance or accounting.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum five years banking experience in the areas of business development and managing diversified lending relationships.
- The job requires strong commercial lending and credit experience including formal credit training, sales and customer service techniques.
- Must possess a successful track record in business development.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
- Oral and written communication skills in English are required (Spanish is a plus).
- Organizational and sales skills are required in order to establish and maintain excellent interpersonal and institutional relationships.
- The job requires the knowledge and the ability to make a credit decision.
- Knowledge of commercial banking products and services is required.
- MS Office Skills, including MS Word Advanced, MS Excel Advanced, MS PowerPoint Advanced, MS Project Level II and MS Visio Level I required.
- Must be knowledgeable of operations and credit guidelines and policy; follow Credit Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Also must be knowledgeable in BSA and other Banking regulations, financial statement analysis, loan documentation and administration.