Make banking a Fifth Third better®
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
Responsible for profitable business development as well as monitoring the quality of an largest existing portfolio of companies with annual gross sales of at least $50MM and generally less than $500MM within a specific geographic area. Ability to develop trusted advisory relationships with the Senior Executives ( e.g. CEO, CFO, COO) of the Company. Capable to lead and coordinate with One Bank Partners to create and implement a relationship strategy for very large, complex assigned clients and prospects. This position requires a strong understanding of credit, commercial products and financial statement analysis, in order to offer beneficial banking solutions (e.g. loans, treasury management, capital markets) based on clients and prospects needs. This role is expected to solicit participation in public debt issuance for clients. Some incumbents may specialize in a specific industry such as Health Care. This role is expected to activity participate in community activities.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work independently to identify and develop profitable new "lead left" client relationships by leveraging centers of influence, existing clients, & referral sources
- Effective grow long term profitable "lead left" relationships
- Work closely with assigned Fifth Third internal partners to deepen existing relationships and acquire new high value prospective relationships.
- Attend community and/or specific industry forums, conferences and/or meetings in order to broaden relationship networks, referral sources and continually deepen knowledge of trends, practices, services and the competitive landscape.
- Work with One Bank partners (Treasury Management., Capital Markets, and Wealth Management etc.) analyze, evaluate and develop a tailored relationship strategy for each client or prospect.
- Responsible for planning and conducting relationship strategy review meetings with internal Fifth Third Business Partners and Client's trusted advisors (e.g. attorney, accountants)
- Ensure that customer relationships are managed to maximize the opportunity for the bank, while taking into account Bank risk and customer needs.
- Meet with customers on a regular basis to enhance the trusted advisor relationship and ensure business needs are being met
- Lead and coordinate all client facing activities, including credit support, treasury management, and capital markets
- Utilize the Bank's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system for client activity tracking, call reports and pipeline management. Reinforce use of CRM for assigned Fifth Third partners for monitoring pre-call and post-call activities
- Utilize consultative sells skills, commercial playbook principals and call reporting plans to enhance the client experience
- Analyze the financial information provided to determine the questions to ask to decide on the credit request that should be pursued
- Partner with Portfolio Managers and Credit Officers on credit requests and adhere to established Portfolio Management guidelines (i.e., delinquencies, documentation preparation, financial statement tracking exceptions, matured loans).
- Monitor, on an ongoing basis, information concerning customer financial performance, condition, and industry trends to determine that any credit exposure is at an acceptable risk, and priced accordingly.
No formal supervisory responsibilities. Expected to provide guidance to Commercial RM I & II
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's or Master's in Business (e.g. Business Administration, Finance, Accounting) or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years Commercial Banking experience.
- 9 years of relationship account management experience preferred.
- Formalized commercial credit training or equivalent credit experience required.
- Underwriting experience preferred.
- Proven track record of partnership with investment bankers to provide strategic and capital market advice.
- Strong business acumen, to include detailed analysis, review of financial statements and understanding of accounting principles.
- Thorough knowledge of Commercial, Treasury Management, and alternative lending and financing options.
- Ability to assess client needs, drivers of profitability, and corporate/personal life cycle optimizing financial solutions.
- Exhibits strong presentation skills in both large and small group settings. Proven ability to communicate with impact. U
- Understands the audience and adjust communication as is appropriate level of detail for the audience; captures and holds the audience's attention.
- Proven track record of identification and understanding of business issues, problems, and opportunities and the ability to create relevant options for addressing problems/opportunities to achieve desired outcomes.
- Proven track record of exploring options for a prospective client or existing buyer/COI's prior to advocating for a solution.
- Influences client decision regarding strategy and product solutions-Engages in joint business planning with internal partners and buyers.
- Determines task and resources and project requirements by breaking them down into task and defining roles and responsibilities.
- Scans the internal and external environment to identify the relationships that should be initiated or improved to achieve business goals and fulfill clients needs.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills, with particular emphasis on experience in face-to-face negotiations.
- Proven ability to work in a team-based sales environment.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office software; familiarity with prospecting and CRM sales tools preferred.
- Regional /local travel
Commercial Relationship ManagerLOCATION -- Dallas, Texas 75240