Commercial Real Estate - Senior Project Manager
The Senior Manager, Projects on the Project and Development Services (PDS) team directs senior level project management services on assigned JLL client projects/regions/practices, providing superior client service.
Develop and execute project specific and client driven goals, schedules, budgets, strategy and detailed assumptions with methodology for accomplishing and/or managing goals and objectives.
- Establish and maintain project goals and success criteria that meet both JLL and Client needs.
- Build and maintain rapport with client representatives and ensure that the scopes of project and outside business forces affecting the project is fully understood and that specific deliverables are fully understood with performance standards and other relevant criteria.
- Coordinate any necessary due diligence efforts on behalf of the internal team, project partners, clients and/or end users, maintaining and delivering all appropriate documentation.
- Develop a detailed project budget based on historical and market data and clearly defined set of budget assumptions.
- Act as the primary senior level contact with the client throughout the duration of the project.
- Guide the client and team through the design implementation process including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documentation and signoff.
- Develop and maintain Master Project Schedules and manage the successful execution of projects so that completion falls within intended time-frames.
- Prepare various RFP’s needed for vendor and contractor services as well as manage the contractor, vendor selection process.
- Develop procedures for distribution, receipt, opening, levelling and award of projects and services.
- Facilitate initiation of all critical project meetings and coordination exercises with internal staff, key stakeholders and external users to ensure responsibilities are efficiently, accurately and effectively communicated and understood by all concerned.
- Manage project performance against schedules, scheduled milestones and critical path items on multiple projects.
- Manage vendor and project team performance to ensure compliance with contractual requirements, all regulating entities and client expectations.
- Identify, manage and mitigate areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.) to Management Committee and Region Manager.
- Contribute where needed and/or requested by JLL Management Committee, Region Manager or Market Lead in the refinement of best practices of standards of excellence for the business unit and JLL overall.
- Assist in training and developing Jones Lang LaSalle team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for a successful project implementation.
- Insure that Team Lead is fully and accurately informed of all project, internal and client issues affecting the perception of the local, national and global reputation of the firm.
- Assist Local PDS Team in meeting AGM numbers on a Regional and National level as determined on a yearly basis by the Management Executive Committee.
- Directly responsible for enhancing team revenues through the maintenance and expansion of existing client relationships and by developing new relationships. Functions as a subject matter expert for a specific product or service. Able to communicate all available products and service offerings of the Firm. Contributes to the development of new product and service delivery ideas for the business unit.
- Ensure that all accounts receivables are maintained at a level not to exceed planned working capital charge as set by corporate finance, the project team and/or the Regional Operations Manager.
- BachelorDegree from an accredited institution. Preference towards a Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
- Development and ground up experiencepreferred.
- 5-7 years as a Project Manager or similar role.
- Ability to regularly communicate analyzed data to client and team to achieve project goals
- Strong working knowledge of architectural drawings and furniture and space planning concepts.
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients as well as external team members (architects, contractors, client’s representatives, etc.).
- Ability to manage all aspects of construction projects effectively and efficiently including, but not limited to budgeting, scheduling, submittals, change orders.
- Fully competent at managing all types/sizes of projects.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office applications and MS Project.