The Commercial Manager works collaboratively to manage the commercial process, including the development of high quality, accurate proposals and commercial offerings with the support of the FME cross functional team, including: segment managers, sales managers, application engineers, legal, finance, and operations. The Commercial Proposal Manager ensures offers reflect customer expectations and requirements at a commercial position that best positions Fairbanks Morse as the supplier of choice and meets or exceeds business performance and strategic objectives. This individual is a well-rounded business professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and is comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for executing the commercial process for power systems and solutions by leading and collaborating with the cross functional team through qualification, opportunity strategy reviews, the proposal development process, and offer and contract reviews.
- Monitors metrics related to process effectiveness and efficiency and adjusts the commercial process and develops tools as needed.
- Conducts a comprehensive review and breakdown of the customer request, engaging appropriate cross-functional team members
- Establishes clearly communicates, and manages critical dates within the commercial process to the commercial team
- Integrates commercial data (i.e., price, delivery, scope, exceptions, etc.) into a clear, comprehensive proposal that communicates the FME value proposition
- Works across the organization to identify commercial, technical, execution, and financialrisks in the project, developing appropriate mitigation and negotiation strategies. Maintains contracting standards and reviews modifications and risks with Legal and Project Management
- Supports Sales Managers in customer interactions including detailed offer reviews and contract negotiations
- Develops and maintains all commercial documentation forms, templates, and tools and ensures documents meet Fairbanks Morse brand standards
- Provides timely training to commercial process stakeholders on documentation updates and process changes
- Leads a timely and comprehensive transfer meeting to Project Management upon successful entry into a contract to provide products and/or services.
- Tracks pricing and cost histories and variances and evaluates win/loss information to collaborate with Product Management on adjustments to product offerings and configurations by region, where necessary.
- Lead in a manner that supports the EnPro transformation and Fairbanks Morse's values of Safety, Excellence, Respect, Integrity, Responsibility and Accountability
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
- Knowledge of US Navy and government contracting processes a plus
- 5-8years direct experience in commercial management, proposal development, or sales in a business-to-business environment
- Demonstrated experience with long, complex sales cycles
- Demonstrated experience with deals in excess of $20 million
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, communication skills, and attention to detail
- Power systems engineeringexperience a plus
- Strong knowledge and applications of software tools to prepare documents and conduct analysis.