Siemens Factory Automation is expanding its Finance team and we’re looking for a mid-level Commercial Project Manager to work with the Project Management team in our Greenville, SC location. Here, you’ll be responsible for all commercial aspects related to customer contracts with key global Automotive customers starting with the sales phase up to and including the project execution phase. In this role, you will be fully responsible for financial and commercial management (costs, revenue, and cash flow) throughout the entire life of the project. This will entail project controlling, performance measurement, planning, forecasting, and reporting. In this challenging role, you’ll also need to interact with our customers, suppliers, Project Managers / engineers, procurement, legal, Finance Management, and internal/external Auditors as well as various international Siemens entities. More responsibilities for this position will include: Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper financial project set up including WBS structure in line with project budget and contractual arrangements. Set up of a financial performance plan for the project during the sales phase and manage throughout the project execution phase.
- Constantly assess risks and opportunities and their impact either in the risk register and/or in the gross margin and propose measures to prevent negative margins.
- Ensure compliance with the LoA guidelines for all commercial and internal regulations aspects.
- For cross border projects: Ensures adherence of NCM regulations, coordinates together with the PM the proper allocation of onshore and offshore parts, compliance with relevant tax regulations, e.g. PATAC, transfer pricing.
- Pro-active set-up of contractual relationship with other Delivery Units from Siemens and/or external subcontractors, especially considering the challenges of import duty and local taxes resulting from the complete Supply Chain process.
- Support the responsible Project Manager on change management issues (variations) relating to the scope of the project. Obtain verification and approval of variations prior to submittal to the customer ensuring appropriate costing and pricing in accordance with PM@Siemens Guidelines.
- Together with the PM organization, proactively set up a contract and claim management in the project, implement and drive measures to improve the project performance through claims and variation management, including cooperation with the assigned contract manager.
- Drive Procurement together with the Project Manager by ensuring that purchase orders are based on the best available bids, are within budget and terms and conditions are in line with the end-customer contract.
- Set up and monitor revenue recognition: actual vs plan, degree of completion, cost to complete, forecasted costs vs planned. Ensure compliance of revenue and cost recognition with Siemens accounting policies under US-GAAP / IFRS, as well as compliance with internal controls, i.e. Sarbanes-Oxley, export control, signature authorities. Support Project Managers in timely issuing invoices with strong focus on managing Account Receivables and project cash flow.
- Perform financial planning, forecasting, controlling, reconciliation of project cash flow and constant deviation analysis.
- Actively communicates with customer's commercial representatives and/or suppliers solving of commercial issues.
- Coordinate requirements (e.g., performance guarantees, insurances, taxes, sureties, currency management) to achieve contract commitments.
- Provide insights of project performance to Management during project reviews.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS/BA in related discipline (Finance/Accounting) or advanced degree.
- Typically 5+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (IFRS) S
- Strong skills in PC applications, primarily SAP, Excel and PowerPoint are needed, as well as strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines is required
- Candidate should be able to effectively communicate technical financial information to non-financial internal customers
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Prior project (Percentage of Completion) accounting or financial project planning/reporting experience
- Experience within project management, marketing or cost estimation
- Commercial Project Management Certification
- International experience
Requisition Number: 223167