Commercial Project Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Job Number : 84726
Division : Engineering
Project Managers (PM) are responsible for leading our projects from start to finish in a safe, timely and high-quality manner, while increasing our profit margins and keeping our clients happy.
Light commercial PM’s should have experience on casual dining, fast food, small medical, retail, etc.
As the PM, you would have the following project responsibilities:
* CONTRACT: Buying out the project, then ensuring that all subcontracts are drafted and executed in a timely fashion; pricing and negotiating all change orders and extra work.
* SCHEDULE: Developing, maintaining and updating the project schedule with the Superintendent, and implementing a recovery plan if needed.
* BUDGET: Assuming responsibility for profit margins and fully managing all financial aspects of the project. This is through developing and approving the schedule of values for prime / subcontractor billings, and pay requisitions from the owner and to the subcontractor.
* QUALITY: Monitoring subcontractor performance as it relates to the contract and ensuring quality workmanship.
* SAFETY: Communicating and supporting the corporate safety effort.
* WARRANTY: Completing project closeout, collecting retainage in a timely manner and managing any work through the warranty period.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Going above and beyond to maintain excellent customer satisfaction at all times. This includes but is certainly not limited to attending all meetings with the Owner’s Representatives and being available for feedback, questions and concerns.
Our ideal candidate:
* Has at least 7 years of construction experience, with at least five years in a leadership capacity on light commercial projects.
* Has an Associate’s Degree or four-year degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Business. This is helpful, but not required.
* Is a team player.
* Is detail-oriented.
* Is proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and Project. We’ll teach you what you need to know about ProCore, our Project Management System.
* Has good mathematical and analytical skills.
* Based in Central Texas or willing to relocate.
* Is available for traveling to job sites, and able to work unaided in a non-traditional office environment.
* Is capable of leading field personnel and mentoring up-and-coming project management staff.
* Can perform with minimal supervision.
Perks you’ll enjoy:
* Allowance for meals / hotel stay while traveling
* Paid travel to and from job sites
* Employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Employer-paid Short Term Disability
* Employer-paid Basic Life Insurance
* Employer matched 401K
* Paid time off + 8 company-paid Holidays per year
* A day-long end of year celebration for employees and a guest
* Family events
* Semi-annual Operations Training and Leadership meetings
* Company luncheon the first Friday of every month