The candidate will be responsible for partnering with Directors and functional leads to drive the Communications area and will own and lead medium to larger sourcing projects within a category.
This role is currently located in Lexington, MA but will ultimately be moving to Cambridge, MA so the incumbent needs to be comfortable working out of both Shire locations.
Category Knowledge: Knowledge of functions related to pharmaceutical commercial/marketing procurement. Specific sub-categories within scope include: Communications and Public Relations agencies. A preferred candidate will have an intermediate knowledge level in one of the categories.
Strategic Sourcing: Experience with the various sourcing tools and analytical methods commonly practiced and used within a world-class Global Procurement organization.
Skills and Knowledge: Demonstrated / proven typical skills and knowledge required to contribute to a Global Procurement organization.
Span of Control: The position is global in scope and the manager is expected to manage a total expenditure of $25M -$50 M.
The role will need to work closely with the functional business units to create value added category strategies and hold strong sourcing events. The candidate will need to have interpersonal, communications and problem solving skills. They should display a passion for strategic sourcing, supply management and operational procurement.
Category Management & Delivery
1. Identify future procurement projects to management by working collaboratively with stakeholders and through category strategy.
2. Co-develop and execute Sourcing Strategies with the Business, advising and guiding the process to the best-fit approach, tactics and tools (e.g. outcome-based specifications, RFP/RFI/RFQ builds, E-auctions, KPI/SLA development).
3. Contribute to raising standards of vendor management (e.g. Post Contract Management (PCM)) by implementing it with key suppliers.
4. Deliver excellence in front-end procurement activities, including market research, demand management, spend analytics, Category Strategy development, negotiation, E-Procurement , stakeholder engagement.
5. Deliver procurement activities, including enabling the Business to self-serve Post Contract Management (PCM), KPI & SLA development and tracking, Stakeholder engagement, Communications, Risk and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM).
6. Utilize established tools/systems & adheres to all Shire policies.
7. Focused on a target audience of Operational level stakeholders to gain support & buy-in to executing plans. Engage procurement executives as appropriate.
8. Understand Business area needs, strategies and priorities, communicate these to line management and service accordingly.
9. Ability to explain procurement practices, benefits to the organization, the value of Supplier Relationship Management participation in this post contract management.
10. Meet regularly with stakeholders to ensure alignment & solicit feedback.
11. Demonstrate Shire values in all relationships (including suppliers).
Processes, Metrics & Execution
12. Contribute to the development of robust metrics, methods and systems and inputs feedback from stakeholders
13. Use market research to ensure that Shire stays abreast of latest market cost/value/innovation developments per Category.
14. Ensure compliance to policies and Audit remediation.
15. Responsible for the negotiation and contract management process
16. Responsible with the Client for the timely procurement of contract services required for company operations.
17. Enable Shire to get the best out of its suppliers by working in partnership with them for mutual good business.
18. Help the Business conduct post contract management (PCM) and facilitate supplier relationship management (SRM) with key (top 20%) suppliers.
19. Ensure Procurement, the Business and Suppliers conduct business ethically, and within the Company’s Anti Bribery and Corruption and FCPA guidelines. Alert the leadership to any improper practice.
20. Encourage Supplier Diversity.
Education & Experience Requirements
? BA or BS required, MBA preferred. Professional certifications are a plus (e.g. ISM, IPMM, or MCIPS).
? Demonstrated ability of working with cross functional teams in a complex, changing environment to deliver value-added results to the organization.
?5 to 10 years of industry experience.
? Demonstrated ability of Category Management.
? Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and influence others.
? Indirect functional expertise and role.
? Demonstrated ability to deliver value-added results to the organization by applying financial analysis principles and procurement discipline.
? Demonstrated ability to apply Shire’s operating philosophy, policies and procedures
Key Skills and Competencies
Living our leadership behaviors is a basic expectation for all Shire employees. Shire expects all employees to embody the following:
? Be Positive
? Be Accountable
? Be Results Oriented
? Be An Excellent Manager of Self and Others
Req ID: R0020061
Req ID: R0020061