Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 97 days ago
• Liaison between M&T Business Capital Relationship Managers throughout the M&T footprint and the Credit Division (Loan Analysis) with efforts coordinated by the Group Manager for facilitating credit needs of customers, whether through new requests, modifications or annual reviews / renewals. Includes documenting and tracking of relevant information, reports and memos to ensure necessary credit approvals are obtained, documented and adhered to from fulfillment through closing and maintenance.
• In some cases, attend client / prospect calls with RMs in order to gain a thorough understanding of the client / prospect and their business in order to effectively assist in annual reviews, renewals and prospect conversions. To facilitate travel will be limited and within the M&T footprint.
• Support underwriting efforts by completing due diligence on prospects or customers as may be required and coordinate such work with Credit Division and Relationship Managers.
• Analyze financial information under direction of Relationship Manager or Group Manager. Assists in preparing cash flow and collateral schedules, covenant sensitivity calculations, financial models and guarantor statement analysis.
• Monitor credit performance of customer portfolios and alert personnel to changes that may require action to ensure risk mitigation in order to minimize potential losses.
• Support Relationship Managers in related portfolio management activities, whether related to credit, depository or other banking services. Perform other related duties and special projects as requested by management.
• Perform other related duties and special projects as requested by management, which could include managing a limited number of customer relationships, performing the functions of a Relationship Manager in oversight of these customers, whether in identifying and providing product solutions, or in ongoing servicing of the account relationships.
Nature and Scope:
• Incumbent works under general supervision and will work very closely with Group Manager, Senior Credit Officer and RM in all aspects of the loan process.
• Increased complexity and size of deals managed.
• Impact extends to Bank's long-term operations, revenues and profitability.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related field with a minimum of four years Accounting, Finance or Credit or relevant experience or in lieu of a degree a combined minimum of eight years higher education and/or work experience to include a minimum of four years of Accounting, Finance or Credit or relevant experience.
• We encourage candidates with relevant military experience to apply.
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
• Commercial lending experience
• Solid knowledge of personal computers
• Thorough knowledge of various software programs Word, Excel and other departmental software
• Excellent analytical capability
• Knowledge of credit principles
• Highly motivated, detail-oriented self-starter
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Ability to interact with external and internal personnel using tact and diplomacy
• Ability to work under critical time constraints