JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Bank, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our clients, associates and/or shareholders.
- Support Commercial & Specialty Banking business development on the identification and calling of prospects and referrals on a national and regional basis; and coordination of calling efforts on identified prospects with Bank team partners.
- Responsible for focus in Commercial Real Estate.
- Effectively support the management of profitable client relationships and work with other areas in the Bank including Credit, Loan Operations and Executive Management.
- Cross-selling of the Bank’s lending, depository and Treasury Management products to new and existing bank clients.
- Assist in the review and structuring of complex transactions, negotiate credit terms, and legal documentation with clients and referrals.
- Lead underwriting on loan presentations ensuring the overall success and growth of an assigned portfolio by deepening relationships of existing clients and through the acquisition of new clients.
- Accountable for all functional areas of the team including underwriting, legal, portfolio management and bank compliance standards.
- Manage an existing portfolio of clients and monitor client relationship for compliance with credit standards.
- Maintain a very high level of credit quality within the portfolio.
- Participate in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within the regions marketplace. Establish referral contacts within the community.
- Maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
- Interacts with others (co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Provide onboardingsupport, mentorship and ongoing training teammates within Commercial Real Estate, potentially in a direct managerial capacity.
EDUCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5years of relevant experience in commercial real estate banking.
- MBA or certification in the field
- 7years of relevant experience in commercial real estate banking.
- Completed formal credit training program.
- Strong communication and sales skills.
- Experience managing teams/individuals
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Identify key relationships to achieve strategic goals and provide strong credit knowledge
- Clearly and enthusiastically convey information and ideas in a manner that engages and persuades clients.
- Well developed and proven organizational skills with ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions, to consistently deliver on commitments, and assume responsibility for results
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give an overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
- Office setting with traditional hours.
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
- Must be able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp and hold tools and other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work overtime to the extent necessary.
- Must be able to work additional hours outside routine business hours to the extent necessary.
- Must be able to travel – estimated at 25% of the time.
The Bank is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.