The Portfolio Manager is key member of the "coverage team", managing transactions and business portfolio tasks. PMs are expected to be intimately involved in in the deal process, making recommendations on appropriate credit structures ,pricing, etc. PMs are directly accountable for managing a portfolio of accounts through their review of updated financial statements, proactive monitoring, and interaction with the Credit Analyst.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for managing a portfolio of accounts.
- Review and recommend credit decisions.
- Partners with the Relationship Manager, forming the "coverage team" to:
- Meet with clients and Participate in business Development calls.
- Assess prospective client's viability for credit.
- Define borrowers and guarantors, deal structure, credit terms and conditions, and financial covenants.
- Value collateral.
- Generate commitment letters.
- Assist in providing business partners credit lending policy interpretation.
- Perform final risk rating analysis.
- Capture and document credit decisions, conditions, and modifications.
- Collaborates with the Credit Analyst to perform Portfolio management duties such as:
- Establish and maintain Investor Group on lender Portal.
- Perform Monitoring action and Conduct periodic deal Review.
- Execute decisions to renew or modify deals.
- Communicate directly with clients regarding credit events and actions as needed.
- Works independently to pitch a more complex deal structure.
- A focus on continuous learning to keep up with ever-changing market dynamics.
- Mentor to more Junior PMs and Credit Analysts.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Business (e.g. Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting).
- At least 6 years credit analysis and/or loan review experience in Commercial Banking.
- Advanced analytical skills, critical thinking and verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional presence (client-facing).
- Experience managing an advanced commercial client portfolio with some degree of complexity.
- Ability to partner with all deal stakeholders including clients, relationship manager and credit teams.
- Expertise in financial and risk analysis, including financial modeling.
- Demonstrated expertise in using effective problem solving.
- Proficient with technology and ability to learn new applications.