The Commercial Portfolio Loan Manager manages and monitors a portfolio of Commercial loans and personally manages loan relationships. The incumbent is responsible for a portfolio of commercial real estate clients consisting of both commercial and residential developers, builders, and investors.
- Support the Bank’s “People First” focus and rules of engagement-maintaining a professional demeanor, working as an active member of the CNOB team, providing all clients excellent service, always striving to make CNOB “A Better Place to Be”.
- Establishes and maintain a system for all commercial loan accounts that monitors the receipt of relevant documentation to keep loan files current as to borrower and guarantor financial statements, tax returns, rent rolls, leases and related matters.
- Maintains and develops as needed customized reporting that provides in depth analysis of the various segments within the commercial loan portfolios including quarterly FASB 114/118 reports for all commercial accounts with notes of $1 million and more as well as all substandard commercial accounts with balances of $200 thousand or more.
- Assists in the early detection and identification of deteriorating credits and recommend proper course of action.
- Serves as a liaison with outside loan review service companies.
- Ensures accuracy and maintenance of customer records and files and updates information as needed.
- Pays specific attention to credit administration, exception, and risk management based on common metrics.
- Coordinates with credit department and performs in-depth financial analyses and credit investigations to make credit decisions, online extensions, and other loans.
- Visits customers independently and with commercial loan officers to maintain strong business relationships and perform periodic inspections at customer sites to audit accounts and ensure adherence to loan agreements and terms.
- Administers existing loans to ensure complete conformity with terms and adequacy of documentation, including preparation of criticized asset reports and review memos; coordinates with operations and processing areas to ensure loan payments are collected and recorded.
- Develops new business for the Bank by expanding existing client relationships and bringing new relationships into the Bank.
- Familiarity with Bank security and safety practices.
- Knowledge of CNOB products and services.
- Prior credit training preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant Federal and State banking regulations.
- Strong management skills.
- Conflict resolution experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications.
- Familiarity with Google application suite a plus.
- Strong “People First” interest and ability.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- 5-7 years of commercial lending or credit analysis experience required.