The purpose of this role is to manage multiple projects simultaneously, in varying size, scope and different stakeholders in support of key U.S. Commercial Operation’s initiatives and projects. The Project Manager position is a member of the Project Management Office (PMO) which serves as a centralized, project management center-of-excellence.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide project management support for Commercial Operations projects by assigning and managing project tasks to ensure the project team meets all commitments
- Accelerate project execution through continuous cross-functional alignment and early risk identification
- Organize cross-functional project meetings to ensure projects remain on track and within budget
- Develop and maintain the project schedule and track key interdependencies
- Develop and maintain a Project Risk Management Plan through the project life cycle. Escalate critical risks to PMO, as necessary.
- Schedule and conduct on-site weekly progress meetings and provide status on key projects
- Develop project reports and makes presentations to governance teams and project sponsors
- Collaborate with Project Leader, if appropriate, as custodian of overall project milestones to ensure one source of truth
- Support and enable best practice sharing and cross functional collaboration across programs, sub-teams, functions and franchises
- Apply Shire’s Project Management Methodology throughout projects, while helping build and establish best-in-class PMO tools and templates
- Promote compliance with all corporate, compliance and commercial operation’s standards, procedures and policies.
- Manage 3rd party contract, vendor and service partners as necessary.
- Assist in developing and maintaining foundational PMO tools, templates and procedures.
Job Function and Description
Provide Project Management services for Commercial Operations projects
Promote and continuously evolve Shire Project Management Methodology
Manage 3rd party contract, vendor and service partners
Education and Experience Requirements
BA/BS degree in business, life sciences or related technical discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in project and program management activities
- Strong applied Microsoft Office knowledge (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with focus on Marketing and Sales and knowledge of Commercial Operations structure and processes preferred
- LeanSix Sigma (or equivalent process improvement methodologies) certification preferred
- Organization Effectiveness and Change Management experience beneficial
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Exceptional project management skills with an evident ability to multi-task and prioritize and with attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and execute results within designated timeframes
- Ability to take “big picture” view whilst executing tactical deliverables
- Experience in managing the work output of other team members and service providers to deliver tasks on time
- Knowledge of Commercial Operations structures and processes
- Good finance acumen
- Able to identify stakeholder needs through voice of customer
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong group and project team facilitation skills
- Ability to adapt presentations to different target audience needs
- Successfully influences project teams to drive initiatives and decisions forward
- High degree of customer service and relationship building abilities
- Ability to work well with individuals in all levels of the organization as well as with external vendors and consultants.
Complexity and Problem Solving
Technical and project related decisions are within the incumbent’s authority. For business and stakeholder related decision he/she consults with the respective Program Lead and the Operational Excellence & PMO Lead.
10% domestic travel. May vary based on Shire work location and prioritized projects.
Req ID: R0017632