Commercial Mortgage Originator responsibilities include proactive solicitation of structured mortgage loan opportunities through developers, mortgage brokers and investors. The originator will be involved in all aspects of the loan origination, underwriting, due diligence and loan closing processes. The originator will also be actively involved with the analysis, monitoring and management of the existing regional structured mortgage portfolio. Travel is required.
- A strong knowledge of commercial real estate including office buildings, apartments, industrial warehouse buildings and shopping centers.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and technical skills, including the ability to analyze, underwrite and forecast property cash flows and complete valuations and sensativity analysis using Argus and Excel software.
- Team player who is organized, efficient, proactive, conscientious and assumes accountability and responsibility for specific performance and work product.
- The ability to size and price loans with proper structural features and negotiate term sheets and loan documents.
- Experience in the loan closing and due diligence processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Creative problem-solver with strong research skills who can gather, analyze, and interpret real estate market data and financial information.
- The ability to multi-task and effectively respond to changes in work flow, priorities and work load in a team environment.
- To qualify for this position, you must have a BA or MBA degree in Finance, Real Estate, Accounting or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a commercial mortgage underwriter/originator preferably with a major financial institution.
- A qualified candidate will have a proven track record in structured loan originations and a strong work ethic.
- An industry-recognized designation such as CCIM or CFA, or course work toward either of these designations is a plus.