This role will be in the North America Commercial Category Mobile team, supporting the commercial Chromebook business end to end. You will work as part of an experienced category team focused on growing the mobile category business with HP's end user and channel sales force.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert on the Chromebook business. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Financial ownership of Chrome units, revenue, GM (Gross Margin) for fiscal and market share periods with market finance team
- Tracking of contra spend with finance team
- Manage program execution and communication with channel GTM (Go to Market) team
- Alignment with CO (Commercial Org) Bus Mgmt team on allocation/guidance and financial implications
- Operational ownership of allocations, partner communication and sales engagement regarding Chromebook education platforms
- Will serve as point of contact with market supply chain on shortages, allocation splits, factory instructions, sea freight plans and ownership of demand steering communication\
- Deep understanding of the category product, business management and sales challenges and strategies.
- Actively contributes to the definition of the mobile category business plan.
- Establishes relationships and represents team with sales force and other partners at senior level.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelors degree in Marketing or Finance; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Typically 8-12 years of professional experience with a combination of Marketing, Sales, Business Planning experienced preferred.
- Consumer and/or Commercial Partner management expertise, End User Acct management as an alternative.
Knowledge and Skills:
- IT industry knowledge.
- Business planning skills, multidimensional.
- Financial planning and modelling skills, comfortable to manage high complexity business planning and reporting.
- Strong communication skills at senior management internally and externally.
- Knowledge of promotional marketing processes and practices.
- Negotiation skills and ability to frame the product value proposition to customers/partners.
- Leadership skills and cross functional expertise (sales, supply chain, marketing)
- Strong attention to detail