Commercial Mechanical Construction Project Manager
We will to talk to all candidates who meet 100% of these minimum requirements:
- Located in or ability to relocate to (with employer relocation assistance): New Orleans, LA.
- 3+ yearsconstruction management experience
- Must have experience managing projects between $10M-$15M
- Must have plumbing and HVAC experience and mechanicalconstructionexperience.
- Bachelors or 5+ yearsconstruction management experience
- US Citizens and Green Card holders only
- Demonstrate knowledge in construction management principles, practices and methods, environmental regulations, engineeringproject management methods, workplace safety, budgeting, employee supervision and personnel management.
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment. He or she should be competent in handling simultaneously occurring tasks and smaller projects.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess analytical and mathematical skills, quick thinking, and a solid understanding of the main principles of engineering, construction, and architecture.
1. Responsible for managing the installation of HVAC and Plumbing that meet code requirements, budget, and on-time installation.
2. Evaluate estimate and set-up job costing system with labor, material, and subcontract cost codes.
3. Negotiate and prepare vendor and subcontractor purchase orders and evaluate submittals to reflect contract drawing and specifications.
4. Conduct monthly reports and cost reviews – keep all participants and stakeholders informed in order to bring the job in on time and under budget.
5. Build and maintain strong customer relations with general contractor, subcontractors, vendors, internalcustomers, and owner.
6. Evaluate and develop field personnel including workers, foremen, and superintendents.
7. Maintain a safe and secure work environment through maintaining safety meetings, incident investigations, and employee involvement.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Focus Areas: Higher education, k-12, hospitals, hotels, government, other institutional campuses or facilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage project costs
2. Manage field labor
3. Manage subcontractors
4. Achieve safe, on-time and under-budget completion of projects