As a Commercial Marketing Manager, NGS for IDT’s global marketing organization, candidates are responsible for understanding customer needs within the next generation sequencing market segment and using that knowledge and experience to develop and execute marketing and product launch campaigns that drive IDT awareness and revenue. Candidates must demonstrate seniority and significant experience with all facets of marketing to collaborate effectively with customers and internal IDT associates. This role involves managing and influencing cross-functional teams — successful candidates will have great leadership and communications skills.
- Possess a strong understanding of customer needs within the synthetic biology market segment, through direct customer contact and primary and secondary research.
- Work with IDT Product Marketing/Management, Product Development, and Project Management — as well as with Global Sales and Regional Marketing — to develop accurate marketing personas, effective customer segmentation strategies, insightful buyer journeys, and useful value propositions and key messages specific to the next generation sequencing market segment.
- Convert customer and market insight into core marketing briefs and strategic marketing plans that drive successful lead generation and product launch campaigns.
- Collaborate with content writers, branding and public relations, collateral design, and search engine optimization experts to ensure that campaign tactics match market segment needs.
- Work with third parties to drive product awareness and positioning.
- Partner with digital marketing, marketing automation, and web development experts to ensure that marketing campaigns are executed well and in a timely fashion.
- Work with IDT leadership to support joint business activities and partnerships with key customers and industry groups.
- Monitor the success of marketing campaigns by using advanced digital tagging and metrics to ensure that key performance indicators are met, and campaigns demonstrate a positive return on investment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences required, advance degreepreferred
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in commercial marketing, business development, customer management, and lead generation activities
- Must have 3+ years’ experience with the next generation sequencing market segment or related life sciences technology and market segments
- Extensive experience with defining marketing strategy and creating marketing campaigns and marketing plans required
- SEO keyword research experiencerequired
- Product marketing experience a very strong plus
- Experience with Kapost workflow management tool a plus
- Google Analytics experience a plus
Other Job Qualifications
- Proven project management skills required, along with the ability to directly or indirectly influence and lead teams and prioritize heavy work load to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Superb negotiation and influencing skills a must
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail a must
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and present findings
- Ability to adapt to change
- Must be (very) results focused
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to a minimal amount frequently
Constant (67%-100% of work day)
- Sitting: to assume a position in which the weight is largely supported by the buttocks, usually with the body vertical and the thighs horizontal.
- Using Fingers/Grasping/Feeling: writing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers or palm and perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touch.
- Repetitive Motion: substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Frequent (34-66% of work day)
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work- those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds at normal range; ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when auscultating and percussing.
Occasional (33% or less of work day)
- Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: maintaining an upright position.
- Walking: moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Lifting: raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Bending: bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist and/or bending leg; bending legs at knee to come to rest or kneel.
- Pushing/Pulling: using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward/using upper extremities to exert force in order to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Climbing: stairs, stools, ramps, ladders.
- Ability to read pertinent printed material and distinguish colors.
- Ability to prepare and read written documentation; use of computer.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.