THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About the Division – Core Beauty
THG is Europe’s No1 Online Destination for Premium Beauty. Our mission is to empower people globally to look and feel fantastic every day. To enable us to do this we have offices across the UK, Europe, America and Australia filled with passionate beauty fanatics who are committed to delivering rapid growth in this exciting industry. We work with over 800 of the world’s greatest beauty brands such as MAC, Kerastase, GHD, Tom Ford and YSL to bring our customers the widest offering of beauty products from around the globe. Passion, innovation and commitment are key characteristics in this ever-expanding team as we strive to become the World’s No1 Online.
About the Role:
The Associate Director Commercial Marketing is responsible for supporting the Senior Director, driving alignment on the strategic approach, developing multiple commercial strategies and solutions to impact the business, and evaluating the success of programs & campaigns against a long-term strategy, helping to ensure transparency between departments and report on top-line initiatives across each THG Beauty US Site.
- Work with the Sr Director of Marketing Strategy to create & execute strategic commercial marketing yearly plans, budgets and KPI’s to support the overall strategy
- Develop and drive strategies in support of all marketing initiatives including new customer acquisition, retention, loyalty, cross selling (brand, category, portfolio) alongside cross-functional partners
- Sales – Revenue driving while identifying new commercial marketing opportunities, and new investment clients, while maintaining and uplifting current portfolio.
- Commercial negotiation – Deal closing and negotiation skills and legal contract negotiation. Proven closing skills are a requirement.
- Ideate customer journey solutions in service of brand partners KPIs and revenue generating activity
- Build and pitch proposals that solve brand & retail objectives through visual storytelling and ability to articulate strategy and create bespoke opportunities for brand partners
- Create compelling narratives across all cross functional teams – performance and organic marketing
- Identify new ways to solve brand challenges with creative solutions
- Innovate and create at the speed of our fast-paced culture
- Leverage insights to create strategic brand partnerships that are creative and cost-effective
- Identify and meet your top 50 Suppliers every quarter to engage them in commercial marketing activity which results in incremental revenue for The Hut Group and positive results for the supplier.
- Present creative, solution-based decks of activity that are market leading.
- Project Management – Understand the lifecycle for a marketing campaign and manage clients through the pipeline including effective handover into production and account management – managing the transition of campaign production phase.
- Reporting and Forecasting – delivery of accurate sales forecasts and reports as required by management.
- Manage a small team of direct report(s) with responsibilities based on project scope
- Provide coaching, leadership, and assistance with resources, strategy development, and project management to direct report(s)
- Long-range strategy planning and the evolution of the US Beauty Strategy
- Creation of pitch materials used across total business to communicate our brand, develop new partnerships, and produce revenue generating campaigns.
- Commercial marketing
- Achieving annual revenue targets
- Negotiation & closing skills
- Driving campaign strategy, creative vision, channel strategy, customer-journey mapping, and reviewing performance
- Extensive experience in sales, marketing, ecommerce, retail, or digital agency (6-8 years)
- Client facing – building and managing relationships
- Strong strategic-thinker and resourceful problem-solver
- Strong understanding of Commercial Marketing and ability to pitch idea both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task and balance short and long-term scope
- Proven experience establishing process to streamline and scale ways of working and collaboration
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to set strategic goals, define success metrics, and communicate results and learnings to inform work
- Proven ability to drive cross-functional projects and build excellent working relationships
- Forward-thinker – anticipate needs and opportunities to drive business goals and objectives
- Proven leadership abilities
- Experience working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial working environment
- Expertise in Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated passion for wellness, beauty, and all tangential categories