Tennant Company is a recognized leader of the cleaning industry. Since 1870 we have been passionate about developing innovative and sustainable solutions that help our customers clean more spaces more effectively, addressing indoor and outdoor cleaning challenges. Our products include equipment for maintaining surfaces in industrial, commercial and outdoor environments; detergent-free and other sustainable cleaning technologies; cleaning tools and supplies; and coatings for protecting, repairing and upgrading surfaces. With more than $1B in revenue,
Tennant Company operates in three geographic business units including the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific. Join the company committed to empowering our customers to create a cleaner, safer and healthier world with high-performance cleaning solutions that minimize waste, reduce costs, improve safety and further sustainability goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with distributors and their sales reps in the sales field to grow distribution.
- Educates, demonstrates, prospects, and closes or helps close deals with distribution and their reps.
- Works with Strategic Accounts in the territory. This may include surveying new facilities and making solution recommendations to grow Strategic Accounts through face to face interaction with BSC site managers, retail store managers, healthcare, and education customers.
- Installs sold equipment through on-site training with customers.
- Partners with distributors, Industrial counterparts, service, SA, and other channels of Tennant’s business.
- Manages channel conflict and day to day customer issues in the assigned territory.
- Cleans and maintains company demo equipment, vehicle and trailer.
- Manages, controls, and takes responsibly for assigned company demo inventory.
- Completes all “paperwork” and reporting as required.
- Executes sales strategy in the assigned geography as directed by the CMM.
- Makes Sales calls, cold calls, and customer calls (face to face, emails, and phone calls) on existing and new target accounts.
- Continually present our solutions to customer base, maintaining existing customer base.
- Takes active responsibility to develop and train reps in the CSS role.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of overall business experience, to include 3 years in a direct/indirect sales role
- Demonstrated experienceworking withdistribution and channel partners
- Ability to sell and demonstrate drive in gaining new business and new customers
- Solid business acumen, and knowledge of the sales process; track record of sales success
- Coordinates and executes annual distributor planning within established timelines
- Consistently delivers training on commercial products
- Effectively leverage the sales process to increase success rate for each project
- Identify and effectively partner with key internal and external decision makers
- Identify the appropriate communication strategy to the customer
- Effectively leverages training, tools, technology and programs
- Consistently exhibits a high level of time and territory management
- Exceptional organization and prioritization skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong selling skills
- Strong presentation, training and facilitation skills
- Proficient at interacting with people at all levels of an organization
- Functional PC and PC application skills
- Must pull trailers as per DOT regulations and safety standards
- Must meet physical requirements of the position including ability to hook up trailers and load demonstration gear