Commerce Bank is looking for a dynamic, service-focused and technically adept individual for our Commercial Sales Development Trainer role. After obtaining certification in our consultative selling methodology, the Commercial Sales Development Trainer is responsible for partnering with leadership to direct the design, development and delivery of sales training and coaching programs for a variety of client-facing roles and managers across our Commercial teams.
Responsible for supporting an overall sales process training strategy for both on-boarding and ongoing training. Will lead classroom and virtual training, as well as collaborate on eLearning and other training content to support overall training objectives.
Will collaborate with members of the Commercial Training Organization to:
• Partner with cross functional teams and leadership for a successful strategy and execution of programs, materials, and CRM integration to enable improved sales performance
• Actively track sales team progress and monitor the effectiveness of existing programs; evaluate projected new tools, curricula and programs to determine overall effectiveness
• Evaluate and assess needs of the sales organization to recommend and customize appropriate performance improvement strategies, programs, interactions, and coaching for sales teams
• Develop effective communication vehicles to ensure programs are fully understood and appropriately valued by the sales channel and other stakeholders
• Continuously work with management to refine strategy to optimize efficiency and results
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Proficiency in public speaking and facilitating both large and small groups.
• Ability to achieve appropriate certification levels for vendor produced content.
• Proven ability to lead, a self-starter, goal oriented, and comfortable with a changing environment
• Demonstrated performance consulting, project management
• Demonstrated business acumen, strategic thinking, and confidence
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
• Five plus years of B2B sales experience, preferably in the banking or financial services industry.
• Experience in sales management with demonstrated ability to drive sales performance initiatives
• Knowledge of training methodology and technology; adult learning principles, instructional design and development
• Demonstrated ability to create and implement effective sales training strategies in complex selling environments
• Experience in training facilitation and delivery of training programs within a corporate environment.
• Leadership development and coaching experience
• Ability to effectively facilitate training and coaching via in-person classrooms and webinars.
• Occasional travel required.