MVB is hiring trusted partners on the financial frontier!
This role will provide excellent service in loan portfolio quality management in support of the company’s commercial lending initiatives, including supporting new loan originations, managing the existing loan portfolio, and providing updates related to loan portfolio monitoring and reporting. Additionally, to participate in community relationship activities, professional development and special projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Loan Portfolio Quality Management
- Manage timely execution of renewals related to loan maturities for respective portfolios, including required TDR checklists
- Ensure appropriate completion of Covenant testing for all applicable loans within the respective portfolios
- Ensure appropriate completion of Site Visits for all applicable loans within the assigned portfolio
- Manage timely execution of Annual Reviews for all applicable loans within the respective portfolios
- Manage the timely review and approval of Borrowing Base Certificates upon receipt from the borrowers, in coordination with the Loan Administration Dept.
- Manage the collection of all required financial statements, etc. for all applicable loans within the respective portfolios (for renewals and annual reviews), through internal communication with loan officers/loan processors
- Make recommendations with respect to risk grade for all loans within the respective portfolios
- Support loan officers by communicating with clients to collect information and documentation needed to fulfill underwriting/credit analysis objectives
- Loan Production and Credit Analysis
- Assist with the onboarding of loan requests into the Loan Vantage system
- Participate in preliminary loan discussion calls/meetings with clients for complex loans, as appropriate
- Support loan officers in reviewing loan documentation prior to closing to ensure agreement with approval, as well as performing lending and portfolio management objectives through underwriting and communication with borrowers
- Review final loan request presentations to determine accuracy of loan structure and terms relative to the request previously discussed with the borrower
- Loan Portfolio Monitoring and Reporting
- Provide updates to the Credit Administration Manager with respect to delinquent loans and risk graded loans for the purpose of Management and Board reporting
- Community Relationships
- Participate in local community organizations/events that position MVB positively in the community and provide potential business for MVB and its subsidiaries
- Professional Development and Special Projects
- Complete education, as identified or as assigned, that provides expertise in loan underwriting, credit analysis, portfolio management, and overall professional development
- Serve, when requested, on special teams and projects across the organization
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in commercial loan portfolio management, credit analysis, and/or similar field, depending upon demonstrated abilities.
- Advanced knowledge of credit administration, policy, and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of economics, accounting, and finance.
- Advanced knowledge of risk analysis and mitigation.
- Advanced technical report writing skills and knowledge.
- Excellent communication, data analysis and presentation skills.