The Director of CommercialLoan Operations will beresponsible for the overall management of the CommercialLoan Operations Department to includeLoan Processing,Loan Review andLoan Servicing.Responsible for a variety of complexloan servicing and operations functions involving the C&I, CRE, Syndication, Builder/Construction Financing andother specializedloanproducts while providing effective customer service in conformance with established policies and procedures. In charge of monitoring and resolving issues and establishing appropriate controls over use of the core and ancillary systems by increasing operational efficiency and providing guidance to staff members. Developing the strategic operationalized processes and automation for driving a streamlined approach for the servicing and processing of complex commercial lending.
- Oversees all phases of commercial loan operations.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of the commercial loan (core) system. Works with internal constituents, including Commercial Lending, Credit Administration, and Finance/Accounting, to ensure user needs are met effectively and efficiently. Identifies opportunities and develops strategies to improve efficiencies and customer service.
- Ongoing evaluation of the AFS loan accounting system for continued optimization of system capabilities. Identifies opportunities and develops plans to implement system improvements.
- Develops, implements, and maintains commercial loan operations policies, procedures, strategies and performance metrics.
- Monitors ongoing loan maintenance to ensure accuracy of existing loan data within core systems.
- Identifies, documents, and communicates operational risk exposures and internal control weaknesses. Support the Bank's regulatory compliance objectives and recommends changes to support prescribed requirements. Ensures full compliance with the Bank's Information Security Policies and Procedures.
- Develops and maintains key KRI reporting and operational metrics for day to day activities and provide executive leadership reporting on overall functions within loan operations.
- Represents the Bank through active participation in community and industry organizations and events and promotes the business interests of the Bank.
- Establishes models for staffing levels related to strategic growth plans to ensure proper staff alignment to key roles within the operations processes.
Staff Management and Supervision
- Provides education and training for front line and support staff on regulatory changes and the subsequent impact on system functions, payment processing and loan documents.
- Provides leadership, coaching, mentoring, and training of staff as needed
- Performs employee performance reviews and job evaluations.
- Participates on committees and special projects as assigned.
Banking Operations Team Support
- Ensures all activities conform to company policies and other regulations.
- Monitors loan operations staff performance to insure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Ensures departmental adherence to federal, state and/or regulatory requirements.
- Resolves compliance issues; recommends changes to processes to meet requirements.
- Implements all audit and compliance changes as required by new or amended regulations.
Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar’s internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field required.
- 10+ years of experience in senior management and operational team functions.
- 10+ years of commercial lending practices or related functions.
- Effective analytical, managerial, organizational, presentation, problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Must possess strong technology skills, including knowledge of commercial loan products and loan systems applications. AFS Level III software expertise preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to independently drive responsibilities and projects to completion.
- Independent judgment and technical capabilities required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution to support business partners and customer needs.
- Experience in loan acquisition practices and system migrations to support overall growth strategies.
The job requires a moderatedegree of physical exertion and stamina such as standing, sitting, walking, driving or infrequent lifting. Extensive periods of sitting and computing.