Position Summary: Union Bank & Trust is seeking an experienced Commercial Loan Officer to serve as a Vice President in the Omaha market. The candidate will be responsible for managing all direct and indirect loan activities within their Commercial & Industrialportfolio. This position is proficient in the bank’s loan policies and procedures to ensure sound credit quality. Also practices a strong sales mentality to generate new loan and deposit production while recommending complementary products to better service the client’s needs, and maximize overall profitability for the bank.
1. Knowledge of loan policy and procedures, commercial deposit accounts, cash management, ACH policies, letters of credit, credit cards and other bank products.
2. Interview applicants to develop information concerning their business needs, prospects, abilities and earnings.
3. Responsible for the process of analyzing, structuring, pricing and negotiating credit requests.
4. Conduct credit checks and makes plant or company visits as applicable.
5. Make sound credit decisions on loans and terms within lending authority and loan policy parameters or provides quality loan presentation summaries with recommendations to appropriate lending authorities.
6. Assist senior loan officers on large loans when necessary.
7. Work directly with loan assistants to produce accurate loan documents, secure proper file documentation and perform timely follow-up with customers.
8. Monitor existing assigned loans to ensure complete compliance with loan terms, proper loan ratings, timely past due management and problem loan detection.
9. Call on potential or existing customers and introduces customers to other departments when a service can be rendered.
10. Provide customers with routine platform services, such as approving checks for cashing or handling customer problems.
11. Oversee assigned business bank accounts and addresses overdrafts that may occur.
12. Participate in community activities that promote the interests of Union Bank.
13. Understand and adhere to all bank policies, laws and regulations applicable to their role. Complete compliance training; follow internal processes and controls as required.
14. Report all compliance issues, violations of law or regulations in accordance with the steps defined in bank policies.
15. Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
16. Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
1. Minimum of 10 years in commercial lending experience.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field preferred.
3. Strong knowledge of loan policy and procedures, commercial deposit accounts, cash management and other bank products.
4. Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word and in working with other bank software.
5. Loan approval authority on experience and knowledge (would adjust to the level of applicant).
6. Valid Nebraska driver’s license.
1. Accurate and detailed
2. Effective communicator- written and verbal
3. High level of analytical skills
4. Strong decision making skills
5. Independent and deadline driven
7. Self-directed and takes initiative