Commercial Loan Officer 3 Job SummaryThe Commercial Loan Officer 3 is responsible for representing Westfield Bank to potential external customers for the purpose of developing both commercial loan(s) and business deposit services. The Commercial Loan Officer 3 develops and maintains profitable customer relationships with business clients by providing financial advice and Bank solutions. Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
- Represents Westfield Bank to potential external customers for the purpose of developing both commercial loan and business deposit services. Lending authority is $250,000 and greater.
- Utilizes loan pricing model to establish and maintain business relationships that meet or exceed the bank’s Return on Required Capital (RORC).
- Develops and maintains profitable customer relationships with business clients by providing financial advice and Bank solutions.
- Networks within the business/civic communities to create new sales and business development opportunities for the full range of Westfield Bank services.
- Creates and develops flexible commercial lending solutions for customers.
- Utilizes prior banking/business experience, understanding of cash flow, asset/liability valuation to analyze and recommend loan requests and set loan pricing options.
- Constructs, prepares and presents financial reports, credit summary memos that comply with Bank standards.
- Responsible for notifying leadership of changes in credit or relationships that effect loan quality and retention.
- Monitors and manages customer/loan relationships in assigned portfolio including obtaining and reviewing customer financial data.
- Calls (by phone and in-person) on customers, prospective clients, and centers of influence clients and tracks activity in bank’s CRM system.
- May accompany market leader on client visits.
- Resolves difficult client situations, including but not limited to items such as, the collection of delinquent loans.
- Continually looks for opportunities to proactively upgrade and improve Bank administrative processes, technology, automation and controls.
- Maintains awareness, understanding and compliance with the Bank's internal policies and procedures, laws and regulations appropriate for this position.
- Provides assistance in response to regulatory and internal/external audit requests.
- Travels as needed in order to perform other essential functions.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant banking experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant commercial lending experience.
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
- Must display a high level of initiative via an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal and presentation communication skills.
- Effective time management and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience multi-tasking and prioritizing work via previous work assignments.
- Experience being accurate with a focus on attention to details via previous work assignments.
- Experience creating solutions and solving problems.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Office (Excel, Word) or other transferable software packages.
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated commensurate experience.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role) The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management. Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits, and wellness and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Bank.