Commercial Lines Underwriter
Our client has Retained The Carlisle Group to conduct a Search for a Commercial Lines Underwriter.
Working within a specific delegated underwriting authority, the Underwriter independently qualifies and prices new and renewal business consistent with program underwriting guidelines and pricing directives. The Underwriter is also responsible for servicing accounts in accordance with service standards. The Underwriter provides guidance, training, and support to Underwriting Assistants on team.
- BA/BS degree in insurance, business or related field preferred and/or professional insurance coursework
- Must have and maintain or attain within three (3) months and maintain a current property-casualty license and appropriate other licenses as required
- 3 to 5 years progressive underwriting experience within the commercial P & C insurance industry; or,
- 3 to 5 years progressive customer service and/or agency management experience within the insurance industry
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Proven underwriting and/or agency management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills including formal and informal presentation skills
- Ability to underwrite moderately sophisticated accounts, including knowledge of commercial
- Property, General Liability, Automobile, Excess, Management Liability and Crime forms, pricing ,rating methodology and valuation tools
- Ability to underwrite small to medium property and casualty insurance programs up to $500,000 in manual premium
- Effective negotiation skills
- Ability to gather, report and act on appropriate market information and trends
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel