General Description: Lead claim administration functions for clients of the business.
- Detailed understanding of multiple lines of coverage relative to claims management, strategies, resolution techniques & coverage form (generally WC & Liability & Property) with strong claim expertise in the casualty lines.
- Understanding of construction claims in the New York market.
- Understanding and ability to navigate through claims in these additional lines of coverage: EPL, D&O, E&O.
- Ability to use carrier / TPA claims management systems to generate reports that provide leading edge loss information (analytics) to help develop risk management plans (lag time, medical only to indemnity ratios, frequency and severity trends, location loss experience, root cause of loss, dashboard reports, etc.).
- Skill set to evaluate TPAs and conduct TPA or carrier implementation with Special Account Instructions.
- Understand the financial impact of losses on a client’s cost of risk.
- Ability to communicate with internal resources to explain results and help develop improvement for risk management plans.
- Ability to develop high quality output documents for internal resources, clients and carriers
- Understand client business issues.
- Provide the analytics in a clear and concise manner to clients and internal resources with suggestions to improve TCOR.
- Development of written improvement plans with targeted improvement and financial impact.
- Ability to influence clients in the implementation of risk improvement plans.
- Ability to effectively deliver message to C suite level.
- Higher working understanding of Risk Control services and the impact on claims.
- Understanding of analytics; loss forecasting, experience mods, reserve analysis, collateral, etc and claim impact on the above.
- Responsible to assist members of the USI team with "Close" and "Keep".
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lead a team and work well in a team environment.
- Must have expert analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Superior organizational skills required.
- Expert negotiation skills required.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of ten to fifteen year of claims administration experience.
- College degree preferred but high school diploma or graduate equivalent degree required.
- Expert in MS Office suite of products, especially MS Excel.