The Portfolio Manager owns primary responsibility for the underwriting quality, portfolio administration and credit quality of assigned portfolio working directly with Relationship Manager, Lenders and other stakeholders within the Bank.
- Responsible for the credit and monitoring of portfolio risks
- Working directly with Relationship Manager, Treasury Management and other team members to effectively grow fees, deposits, and portfolio revenue by presenting financial solutions to customers.
- Conducts preliminary evaluation and underwriting of loan proposals terms sheets.
- Contribute to the Team’s overall meeting and/or exceeding the assigned volume/production goals
- Will be responsible for entering and maintaining client data into the CLX and Sales Management system
- Identify and recommend changes and enhancements to the Bank’s lending policies and procedures, to best serve community and current market needs
- Responsible for full cycle of loan requests process. Provide financial and market analysis, obtain data to prepare a term sheet and write proposals to expand lending business.
- As part of the underwriting process, requests all third party appraisals required and obtain reports while ensuring all is within compliance.
- Identify areas of concerns pertaining to a loan and discuss with Lender or Relationship Manager
- Primary liaison with the Credit Department on loans submitted, prepare LLR and facilitate approval of the loan.
- Primary contact for the coordination of information between client and internal departments in the loan process.
- Responsible for communication and finalizing loan closing with external closing attorney.
- Responsible for overseeing renewals, document tickler and covenant tracking of loans.
- Monitor loan documentation exception reports and follow-up to clear up document exceptions in a timely manner.
- Monitor financial statement exception reports and follow-up to clear up financial statement exceptions in a timely manner.
- Works closely with Relationship Manager to manage maturing loans.
- Troubleshoot, report and manage activity on delinquent accounts at the various intervals
- Generate and provide requested reports as necessary on Team’s loan portfolio
- Participate in team sales call and attend external events and activities in a business development role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a Banking environment with emphasis on credit area required.
- Prior working experience with loan underwriting is required.
- Formal credit training is required.
- Ability to successfully complete CLX and Sales Management system training within 90 days of hire or transferring into position required
- Ability to analyze financial and project statement, corporate and personal tax returns.
- Understanding of basic loan structure processes and regulations associated with lending
- Strong understanding of loan documentation criteria
- Knowledge of United’s services, products, policies and procedures is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent interpersonal, customer relations and sales skills
- Ability to demonstrate being a self-starter, well-organized, detail-oriented
- Strong team work ethics is required
- Ability to work well independently and in a fast paced environment
- Travel within the local market may be necessary
- Relationship Building
- Business Development focused
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data