This position will independently develop new business opportunities through business development efforts; including new client solicitation, active involvement in industry organizations, and expansion of existing client base. The position will be based in Braintree, MA and address markets south of Boston. The position reports to the SVP of Commercial Lending
- Underwriting of loans by analyzing financial information and related reports and the preparation and presentation of credit approval memorandums.
- Document loans by ordering appraisals and environmental reports, issuing commitment letters, coordinating closings and overseeing the loan booking process.
- Increase deposits from clients, and generate non-interest fee income through the appropriate recommendation of interest risk hedging products, loan participation sales and referrals to partner organizations.
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance and customer service of the assigned loanportfolio.
- Monitor the ongoing credit quality of the portfolio and assess the credit quality of each relationship in accordance with policy including the completion of annual credit reviews and periodic renewals throughout the year.
- This position will be responsible for the accurate entry of information to track/monitor the status of the portfolio
- Comfortable building a loanportfolio in a new market for the Bank
- Ability to develop $10MM or more of new commercial loans in the $3MM - $20MM range in first 12months.
- Minimum of 10 years of commercial lending and underwriting/portfolio management experience
- Understand the commercial marketplace within the Bank?s target area
- Be well-versed with credit policy and guidelines
- Familiarity with otherbanking products and services for cross-selling purposes
- Ability to communicate effectively in both an oral and written capacity
- Be willing to assume any other duties as may be required
? Bachelor?s degree or equivalent