Hi. We’re TiVo. At our core, we’re innovators who continuously seek to fuel the ultimate entertainment experience. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, entertainment fanatics every day by inventing and delivering beautiful user experiences, and enable the world’s leading media and entertainment solutions.
We work hard, celebrate success and challenge everyone in our organization to make an impact. If you are as passionate as we are about the intersection of technology and entertainment, join us today.
TiVo continues to develop best-in-class products and services that provide consumers with the best way to discover and engage with media. As a member of TiVo’s in-house legal team, you will work on complex software and technology services agreements for software and services involved in our user experience, mobile and data products while providing product counseling to internal stakeholders on contract, licensing, and intellectual property matters. This is a broad role in support of key business objectives of the company, with title and salary commensurate with experience.
Here is what you'll get to do:
- Structure and negotiate a wide variety of outbound commercial product and inbound technology partnerships.
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, sales, and business development to support the development, delivery, and commercialization of next-generation video and data products.
- Counsel internal stakeholders on various licensing matters for cutting edge product innovations in the video entertainment and data analytics spaces.
- Partner with business and technology staff to achieve business objectives in a legal and ethical manner.
Here is what you’ll need to be successful:
- You are a transactional generalist, but with solid experience working on commercial licenses, software and technology services agreements.
- You enjoy drafting and negotiating contracts, are able to work independently, understand how to translate business needs into contract language, and able to draft custom (non-template) contracts in support of the business.
- You are an experienced product counselor, with an interest in, and general understanding of, technology licensing (including open source software), software and data licensing, and engineering development services, including SaaS, data, and cloud services.
- You are a creative, intelligent and practical business partner with experience helping companies strike the right balance between risk and reward and a desire to drive deals in direct partnership with sales team members or business group leaders.
- You are detail oriented, enjoy working in a fast-paced, collegial environment and have experience independently supporting business and sales teams. This requires good communication and teamwork skills (equally with members of the legal team as well as the ability to speak “non-lawyer” with business partners throughout the company).
- You have a 7+ years of technology transactions or general corporate legal experience, including working in-house with technology companies. Prior experience in a Silicon Valley law firm a plus.
- JD with strong academic credentials and California bar license or ability to practice in California as a registered in-house counsel.
- The following experiences would be a plus for success in this role: international/cross-border arrangements, technology startup representation, video or other content delivery, data licensing, data analytics, privacy, SaaS and other“as-a-service” arrangements, and finance/revenue recognition knowledge.