Perform complex credit analysis and financial reviews of new and existing lease customers for credit requests under $1,000,000
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the existing portfolio for assigned commercial leasing customers. Analyze financial statements to assess the level and quality of credit risk, viability of repayment and prepare credit approval memorandums for the manager in accordance with the company’s loan and risk management policies.
- Review applications for completeness. Contact sales person for additional information pertinent to the underwriting activities. Work with customers and leasing team to collect required credit information for underwriting lease requests $1,000,000 and under.
- Verify existing lessee’s total and current exposure in the leasing systems and databases, e.g. LeaseWave and Metavante, as well as hard file information and ensure that it is within departmental risk levels.
- Initiate credit bureau inquiries and OFAC checks of personal and business activities to obtain documents for credit analysis and verify credit-worthiness of customers.
- Verify business entities via the State Business Registration websites to validate business statistics used for credit assessments.
- Generate a financial analysis including customer’s background, summary of current and prior year fiscal results and cash flow analysis lease requests $1,000,000 and under.
- Present recommendations to manager for action (approval or decline) including all relevant data and analysis required by the organization’s credit standards and policies. Continually improve the quality and thoroughness of the credit presentations to ensure efficient and appropriate loan decisions.
- Update and maintain accurate and complete loan files. Validate that all required authorization, compliance and approvals are obtained prior to closing underwriting documentation and files. Perform a variety of administrative activities including creating files, copying and scanning documents, reports, approvals and requests to appropriate systems and internal locations.
- Develop close working partnerships with the sales team, leasing operations and otherinternal company staff to ensure open communication channels are available to handle issues associated with the credit analysis and review of clients. Quickly respond to calls and requests for information from the team.
- Recommend process, procedural, and or operational changes as needed to improve the efficiency of the credit review process.
- Serve as the primary backup for the manager approving daily rental funding requests. In addition, monitor, track, and update title information related to daily rental customers and leasing customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- An undergraduatedegree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- A minimum of 5 years related commercial credit analyst experience
- Auto industry experience is a plus.