This role is responsible to lead all aspects of the custom compounding business and maintain the entrepreneurial SILMIX® concept with respect to sales, marketing and new business development. The objective is to maintain the existing business and to steadily grow the overall business by 10% every year. for the next 5 years by optimizing resources and developing a regional commercial team.
- Strategic planning for business including performing market/customer analysis with competitive analysis, assess need for pricing actions to meet profitability and growth targets.
- Analyze all aspects of the business to define and execute tactical actions to achieve market strategies for growth of the business in both sales volume and profitability.
- Work with SILMIX® Production and Planning teams to ensure that production is ready to support new business coming on
- Implement and refine SILMIX® Business Model through assessing sales channels, developing the portfolio and manage a potential expansion to other specialty products
- Manage and review all customer obligations including contracts to ensure company objectives are met
- Hire, Coach, Develop and train team to achieve the best possible results with regards to profit, business growth and revenue
- Participate in customer visits and participate in industrial /professional groups to promote SILMIX®
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or chemistry, chemical engineering required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a similar role required.
- Experience in Sales and Marketing and managing business in a specialty/custom market (preferred silicones)
- Commercial Leadership experience and strategic sales planning
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly proficient in both Verbal and Written Communication