As a mission-driven, employee owned company, Mathematica Policy Research is dedicated to improving public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on information and analysis for our partners and clients. Our multi-disciplinary team of policy experts, health researchers, data analysts, statisticians, and program managers have conducted many important studies of federal and state health programs to improve health care delivery and financing.
Mathematica Policy Research is looking for an individual with experience in commercial health business development to strengthen our expanding work in this area. The successful candidate for this position will have proven capability in strategic business development and extensive experience and proven leadership in private sector health organization(s), such as a large payer or health system, or in firm(s) that provide consulting or analytics support to these organizations. In addition, expertise in quality improvement, measure development, performance feedback, population health management, and health IT is required, and a clinical background is preferred. Experience with practice facilitation and learning collaboratives is a plus.
- Support development of strategic planning and the execution of related business development activities for Mathematica’s emerging work in the commercial market.
- Support business plan development for this market, including market assessment, identification and articulation of client base and targeted offering/s and marketing strategies.
- Develops and presents collateral on program value proposition and execution.
- Support development of sub branding for the commercial sector.
- Establish measurable revenue goals for targeted strategic offerings at regular intervals; deliver on those targets; partner with health leadership to build the capability necessary to further scale the offerings.
- Communicate effectively with key Mathematica stakeholders and clients.
- Identify and build relationships with key decision-makers at all levels within client organizations as a means to generate and develop ideas, pursue opportunities, and close sales.
- Establish and foster relationships with partner vendors to complement Mathematica’s capabilities and assets.
- Drive and pursue opportunities and contribute substantially to the development of specific proposal.
- Travel in support of related strategic business development.
- Proven capability in sales, client delivery and leading new areas of work, or equivalent experience in driving new initiatives and developing a successful team for implementation
- Five or more years of proven leadership in one or more private-sector organizations, such as a large payer or health system
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to condense complex topics into clear and concise materials; present to large groups; and facilitate effective meetings with key stakeholders and clients.
- Strong analytic skills and effective use of data for improving clinical processes and outcomes
- Strong organizational skills, high level of attention to detail, and flexibility to lead and manage multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadlines