This position will be responsible primarily for miscellaneous duties related to commercial grade dedication of a wide variety of equipment types for installation in the MOX Services Fuel Fabrication Facility (MFFF). The individual will:
- Develop and/or review technical and procurement specifications and commercial grade dedication documents for a variety of equipment types for use in the MFFF.
- Develop, prepare and execute custom strategies for procurement of commercial grade items in a fast-paced construction environment, including procurements from foreign suppliers.
- Function as a point of contact within the Engineering Department for assistance to others in development of commercial grade dedication evaluations and plans, provide mentoring to other engineers in commercial grade dedication, and interface and advise suppliers on implementation of effective commercial grade dedication programs.
- Perform follow-on engineering support functions after delivery and installation of equipment, including on-going supplier interface and resolution of technical and quality issues through final acceptance testing.
- Coordinate team members in the resolution of technical, schedule and quality issues.
In addition to the above, this individual will serve as the lead for the CGD Group. Duties associated with this designation include scheduling work, directing and mentoring others in the performance of related duties, the ability to effectively lead as well as coordinate a multi-organization team effort, resolving day to day CGD related issues and additional review and oversight of CGD deliverables.
The focus of this position is for electrical, instrumentation and controls (I&C) and/or mechanical, HVAC and chemical process equipment. The experience required above shall be related to such areas.
The individual will interface with multiple organizations/disciplines within MOX Services, such as design engineers, construction planners and supervision, Procurement and/or Purchasing, Quality Control (QC) Receiving, and Quality Assurance (QA Periodic (Non-routine) travel will be required.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, nuclear, mechanical, chemical, industrial or structural engineering or other technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education and/or years of experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of nuclear facility (DOE, Nuclear Fuel Fabrication Facility, or Commercial Nuclear Power Plant) experience with at least 3 years related to procurement engineering or commercial grade dedication.
- Competent in the use of personal computers using common workplace software applications associated with Microsoft Office, with particular emphasis on Word and Excel.
- Must be willing to travel as the needs of the position and assignments dictate.
Preference will be extended to candidates with significant experience in equipment or procurement technical specification development or Commercial Grade Dedication, Supplier technical oversight, or review of quality program elements related to major equipment design, procurement, or construction including foreign (Non-US) procurements.
- Familiarization with QA provisions typically applied to work performed for the nuclear industry.
- Familiarization with 10 CFR 50, Appendix B and NQA-1 Quality Assurance programs.
- Flexibility and an ability to develop, promote and defend innovative solutions.
- Experience with facilities licensed to Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 70
- Above average written and oral communications skills. Must be organized, pay attention to detail and provide consistent follow-up on issues.
- Possesses self-start initiative and a positive teamwork attitude toward execution of assignments.
Req Number CPSG50677