Our client seeks a Commercial Fuels Sales Representative to manage the company’s commercial (non-residential) business including sales of fuel oil, kerosene, gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, heating & cooling equipment, and all accessories and applicable services to commercial, industrial, agricultural, government, marine, C-store / fuel jobbers, and institutional accounts, etc.
This position will be weighted towards new business development (NBD), but also includes account management and covers the key market areas surrounding DC and Baltimore.
- Marketing: Support the sales, marketing and customer retention efforts of the company through a value-added sales/marketing approach. Success measures:
New Account Sales versus plan/prior year
Commercial Sales versus plan/prior year
- Develop and maintain a strong technical knowledge of the products and services of the company as well as competitive products and services with emphasis on:
Commercial/Industrial heating and cooling equipment and energy conservation methods. Managing Developing and selling approved Service Agreements
Environmental/tank regulations and cost-effective solutions for non-residential accounts.
- Through account profiling, analyze unique accounts’ needs: product, service, financial, equipment, environmental and work with operations, equipment sales/service, and administration and company management to develop custom, value added solutions for customers and deliver positive ROI results for assigned territory.
- Develop and execute a strong sales activity management process to ensure regular contact with current customers and to find new prospects. Maintain current knowledge of competitor activity in the commercial marketplace.
- Develop strong relationships with organizations representing the varied customer base including but not limited to Chambers of Commerce, Farmers Co-ops and other associations.
- Manage expenses within department budget to maximize sales growth.
- Assist in the execution of any trade shows, promotions and advertising as directed by the Sales Manager.
- Provide regular sales and activity reports to pertinent sales management personnel.
- Proactively monitor and manage Accounts Receivables
• Business degree highly preferred. Required for upward progression.
• Commercial product salesexperiencerequired.
• Proven new business development / account acquisition success.
• Proven customer / account focus.
• Local candidates preferred.
• Base + commission structure ~ $80K-$100K first year with existing accounts. No cap with NBD.
• Car / fuel plan