Abbott Point of Care develops, manufactures and markets critical medical diagnostic and data management products for rapid blood analysis. The i-STAT System is an advanced, portable diagnostic tool that provides real-time, lab-quality results within minutes to accelerate patient-care decision-making. The i-STAT System has the industry’s most comprehensive menu of tests in a single, with-patient platform, including tests for blood gases, electrolytes, chemistries, coagulation, hematology, glucose, and cardiac markers.
The Commercial Excellence Senior Analyst will play an integral role in the development, implementation and execution of key strategies that drive activities leading to overall success of the APOC business. The Analyst will work with both leadership and front line sales executives to build, implement and integrate key tools that drive commercial excellence.
This position reports into the Business Excellence Director.
Tasks, duties, responsibilities and expectations include:
- Develop, build, maintain and integrate tools (CRM, saleforce.com, cognos, Power BI and others) into the sales process.
- Building KPI reports and analysis capabilities for the US Commercial Organization.
- Gathers and publishes information related to historical, current and future performance.
- Gather requirements and design sales reports/custom sales analysis tools to meet sales management business objectives.
- Compile and analyze data on historical sales and trends to forecast future trends.
- Create daily, weekly and monthly performance reports and calculate key performance indicators.
- Partner with Sales Training and Sales Management to develop comprehensive training for the field around Commercial Excellence strategies and tools.
- Create sales reports to address areas of focus for monthly forecasting, Annual and Quarterly Area Business Reviews.
- Research, identify, communicate and implement cutting edge Commercial Excellence Strategies to remain relevant
- Use business intelligence tools to query sales information from the data mart Marketing.
- Create dashboards to measure launch strategy success and provide sales analysis to highlight areas of opportunity.
- Partners with field sales and US Commercial Marketing to understand their needs and help them make the best possible strategic decisions.
- Collaborate with Commercial Marketing to track/manage Sales and marketing promotional activities
- Collaborate on identified ad hoc business problem-solving requests.
- Understand and comply with applicable EHS policies, procedures and guidelines
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.
- Adhere to and promote Abbott Code of Business Conduct
Job Requirements include:
Education: Four-yeardegree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- 5-7 years of combined experience in business, accounting, or finance. Advanced degreepreferred.
- Advanced Excel, salesforce.com and Powerpoint knowledge is mandatory. Knowledge on Power BI and Cognos is preferred.
- Level of analysis requires advanced understanding of data and utilization of advanced mathematical formulas and Business Analytics in reports.
Location: Abbott Point Of Care (APOC) US Commercial Headquarters, Princeton NJ. No relocation assistance is available.
Key Competencies include:
- Be self-disciplined and self-directed - Ability to develop strong networks
- Aptitude to overcome obstacles - Maintain high work ethic
- Manage within specified budget - Operate with openness and honesty
- Consistently meet commitments - Use good business judgment and negotiation skills
- Set high personal and professional standards - Prioritize and manage time effectively
- Network and leverage resources across company and industry
- Lead/facilitate problem-solving
- Develop clinical champions for product - Overcome objections from key areas