Provide direct support to Equipment Finance Relationship Manager, Group Manager and Senior Credit Officer with respect to portfolio management of customer relationships, with an emphasis on compliance, continuous monitoring and assisting with documentation of credit needs for new and existing customers within the Commercial Equipment Finance Portfolio. This is specific to the Transaction and Renewable Portfolio.
- Liaison between Equipment Finance Relationship Managers and the Credit Division (Loan Analysis or Credit Shared Services) for facilitating credit needs of customers, whether through new requests, modifications or annual reviews / renewals. Includes documenting and tracking of relevant information, reports and memos to ensure necessary credit approvals are obtained, documented and adhered to from fulfillment through closing and maintenance.
- Attend client / prospect calls with RMs in order to gain a thorough understanding of the client / prospect and their business in order to effectively assist in annual reviews, renewals and prospect conversions.
- Support underwriting efforts by completing due diligence on prospects or customers as may be required and coordinate such work with Credit Division and Relationship Managers.
- Analyze financial information under direction of Relationship Manager or Group Manager.
- Assists in preparing cash flow and collateral schedules, covenant sensitivity calculations, financial models and guarantor statement analysis.
- Support the Annual Review process by monitoring credit performance of customer portfolios and alert personnel to changes that may require action to ensure risk mitigation in order to minimize potential losses.
- Support Relationship Managers in related portfolio management activities, whether related to credit, depository or other banking services. Perform other related duties and special projects as requested by management. Tracking and communication of digital submission and due dates.
- Responsible for created Credit Request Update Memo’s and submitting for approval to the Relationship Manager 6 months after the Annual Review.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, time management, lateral thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously.
- Responsible for completely and accurately documenting key business unit processes. Identify and assess risks and internal controls associated with these key processes.
- Perform special projects or assignments as requested by management
- Maintain a thorough and current knowledge of the policies, processes and regulations affecting activities to ensure validity of analyses and reports.
- Serve as subject matter expert on activities and provide guidance and training to less experienced personnel
- Work with vendor and technical team to gain a thorough understanding of project functionality and provide insight on implementation.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum of seven years combined higher education and/or operational/business analytics/finance/accounting experience or equivalent.