Minimum Experience: 15+
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Be involved in projects with our Project Controls Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Commercial Director for our Fresno, California office.
Provide commercial services and effective project control to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget to the client’s satisfaction in a manner that maximizes opportunities. The Commercial Director will be located at our Central Valley, CA program/site of?ce with some travel required to other of?ces of the program.
Experience in supervising and collaborating with others both direct (Project Contract Oversight Manager & Claims Analysts) and indirect reports.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of commercial and contractual expertise in support of California High-Speed Rail Program.
- Ensuring that the Design & Build Contractors, Project & Construction Manager (PCM), and other consultants working on the Program are fully compliant with Authority commercial policies, procedures and quality system
- Supporting the business in monitoring the provisions of the contract to ensure that payment processes are followed and payments are received on time, that contract change management provisions (schedule and value) are being followed such that our Projects have commercial and ?nancial cover in place.
- Actively monitoring commercial management by the Project & Construction Manager (PCM).
- Participate in raising the commercial awareness and performance on the High-Speed Rail Program.
- Being an active member of the WSP Contracts and Operational teams, contributing to decision making and identifying program improvement opportunities; contributing to the development of an enhanced commercial culture on the High-Speed Rail Program.
- Developing strategic dispute strategy reports, presentations and recommendations to the Program Executive and Delivery Leadership
- Ensuring the provision of accurate, timely and compliant periodic and ad hoc commercial reports
- Coordinate closely with the Program Controls Manager, Program Change Manager and Risk Manager
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Identi?cation and evaluation of claims including assessment of program impact and evaluation.
- Strong Project management, organizational, and investigative skills; ability to simplify complex concepts.
- Preparation and support to commercial and contract activities for large projects.
- Commercial delivery of multi-disciplinary design projects.
- Successful delivery of design and build contracts.
- Speci?c experience of operating within joint ventures.
- Working closely with legal teams to provide successful governance of all commercial and legal aspects of the project life cycle.
- Management of the Project Cost Report including VOWD and Forecast at Completion.
- Change Management.
- Drafting of contractual correspondence.
- Experience of defending professional negligence claims.
- Chairing regular commercial meetings with key delivery contractors.
- Active participation in regular review of project risks and opportunities to minimize outturn cost through Value Engineering.
- Earned value analysis i.e. planned vs. achieved vs. expended.
- Pro-active engagement in risk identi?cation, evaluation, and mitigation activity.
- Proven capability of working in a collaborative environment with a strong teamwork ethos.
- Strong drive with sound judgement.
- Proven ability to establish credibility and sphere of in?uence.
- Degree quali?ed and/or Membership of a relevant professional body (PE/MRICS)
- Signi?cant and relevant experience within a similar role, with at least 15 year’s overall experience
- Experience in Major Program Environments preferred
- Experienced in the use of standard forms of construction and commercial contracts in the USA.
- Commercial awareness
- Multidiscipline Capability
- Good MS Of?ce Skills, excellent communication skills, ability to work in a team environment
- Additional experience in one or more of: Civil Engineering Structures, Infrastructure, Rail.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper.
WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.