Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led toefficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
This position has a direct impact on the volume and profitability for the Alcoa Rolled Products Business Unit. The incumbent must be capable of recommending to business unit management the strategies and tactics required to book targeted share and to achieve acceptance of new material. The preferred location is Newburgh, IN, but for the ideal candidate,, we would be open to considering other locations. The travel expectation is approximately 50%.
• Developing, executing and amending an approved sales plan for customers within assigned territory while supporting commercial strategies.
• Direct Account Management.
•Forecast customer demand.
• Identify new opportunities and capture customer business at a price that contributes to the profitability of the business and/or the direction of the business unit.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of products and processes, strong contacts with customer base.
• Become proficient with ABS (Alcoa's Business System) and potential advantages as it relates to internal and external connections.
• Establish close relationships with all levels of customer purchasing, quality / technical, engineering program and management personnel. He/she must be able to influence the outcome of quotations and proposals and collect useful competitive information.
• Understand profitability of accounts and how to leverage this to achieve EBITDA and revenue goals and metrics.
• Provide linkage between ATC (Alcoa Technical Center) in execution of new customer initiatives.
• Develop an understanding of future market needs and positioning ARP to meet those needs by sponsoring and overseeing product development initiatives.
• Provide customer input back to ATC (Alcoa Technical Center) and follow up on new product initiatives in the packaging industry.
• Provide commercial direction for new product growth strategies, growth capacity alternatives, new technology evaluation etc.
• Solid technical knowledge/learning ability
• Human relations skills and team leadership skills
• Highly effective oral and written communication skills
• Negotiation skills
• Organization skills
• Proficiency in use of P.C.s
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least 5 years outside sales experience selling to external customers, managing those accounts, and negotiating contracts
• In lieu of the 5 years outside sales experience you must have 5 years customer service/sales experience with a manufacturing company and generating/executing sales orders