Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Origination team to help win new business and drive to contract execution. This will also include identifying project opportunities and risks to drive stakeholder discussions and negotiations (i.e. customers, partners, financiers, etc.)
- Leading the activities that will support and provide expert input for due-diligence evaluations and review efforts related to potential commercial transactions. Depending on the experience level of the individual and or the complexity and size of the deal, the Developer may be assigned to work alongside or with the guidance of others on the Development Team.
- Working cross-functionally with other departments involved in the overall advancement and evolution of projects including Origination, Development Engineering, Construction, Legal, Accounting and Finance teams, incorporating the input of subject matter experts, with the objective to enhance project margins and planning
- Jointly responsible for managing the P&L of all projects within the region generally from contract execution to Financial Close / Notice to Proceed, and in some cases beyond
- Managing with close alignment with Project Finance, the financing of transactions as we achieve Financial Close / NTP including all elements required to achieve FC / NTP: PPA, title, valuation, production forecast, legal documentation, etc.
- Identifying and managing relationships with consultants and external legal counsel
- 4-6 years’ experience (or equivalent) in:
- the renewable energy electric industry
- renewable energy project development, including permitting, real estate, and interconnection,
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Fluency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Tenacious problem solver – able to accurately assess, identify, solve, implement, and communicate solutions to problems, including the timelines. Experience working with project stakeholders
- Experience with financial modeling of projects, general project understanding and acumen, knowledge of permitting for land and title items is a plus.
- Experience presenting project development activities to senior management.
- Proven ability to adapt to change in a calm and measured manner
- Demonstrated execution experience
- Highly effective communicator -- able to craft and present excellent, clear and concise oral and written presentations and analyze data to support arguments.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage and interface effectively with cross-functional employee groups of all levels and competencies
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal and time management skills
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter with a burning desire to learn and win
- Master’s in Business, Finance, Engineering, or related field plus three to five years of experience in power generation or similar industry
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
At SunPower, we value the health and safety of all our team members. We support and encourage our employees to form a healthy and stable environment where they can succeed. Below we have listed the working requirements and environment for this role:
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for working hours
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable method
- Able to position and move objects up to 10 pounds
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- The position requires travel with the potential of overnight stays between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Less than or equal to 10% travel.
- Day to day work is completed in the office at personal computer M-F, first shift hours
- Ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines, telephones, but occasionally may be above average for portions of the business day