More About the Role:
- Review and oversight of avionics and flight software requirements development, design, integration, production and certification.
- Perform systems engineering, such as hazard analysis, on vehicle subsystem domains.
- Coordinate flight software issues and resolution across programs and vehicle systems engineering teams.
- Apply engineering tool suites in software requirements and design analysis, and testing.
- Evaluate prime contractor flight software architecture, design and implementation.
- Oversight of integration of flight software in test and verification facilities.
- Interface with NASA and prime contractor engineering teams.
This work takes place at NASA/JSC in Houston, TX, a highly stimulating and dynamic environment that is critical in human space flight and the space exploration initiative.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen. B.S. in Aerospace, Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines required.
- At least five to seven years of related experience in human spaceflight rated software and systems.
- Experience in avionics and flight software development for human-rated space vehicle, e.g., Space Shuttle or International Space Station.
- Experience developing objected-oriented C++ code.
- Must be flexible, open to new challenges in a dynamic environment, and possess strong technical expertise combined with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision.
- Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong work ethic.
- Must have highly developed coordination and organization skills.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- M.S. in Aerospace, Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines required.
- Experience in ARINC 653 based architecture, Time-Triggered Ethernet, Power and Data Unit, fault management, mission sequencing, abort.
- Vehicle-wide knowledge of space vehicle systems, e.g., avionics, commanding telemetry, command and control, crew life support, displays, power, propulsion, thermal, guidance, navigation and control, communications and tracking, etc.
- Experience in the full life cycle of human-rated flight projects.
- Project management skills.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology.
- Experience with SysML, Rhapsody, Green Hills Integrity, VxWorks, and Core Flight Software (CFS).
- Familiarity with NASA's Commercial Crew Vehicles.
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as Git and Subversion.
- Experience with Python
Req #: 206071