We seek an experienced Commercial Counsel to assist our Legal team in drafting, reviewing and negotiating various sales and vendor contracts across the Glassdoor organization.
- Team with our business process owners to help them close the deals they need to bring services and partners into Glassdoor to help us run our business. You'll draft, review, and negotiate NDAs and vendor agreements and obtain required partner approvals.
- Team with our sales representatives to help them sell our products and grow Glassdoor's client base. You'll review and negotiate client-proposed modifications to Glassdoor's standard services agreement and, when required, negotiate client-provided master services agreements to tailor them for our services.
- Help run the Legal department by tracking negotiated contracts, monitoring compliance with terms, and holding our partners and clients to their side of our agreements.
- Participate as a full member of a small but growing Legal team to decide when, how, and where to improve processes and scale our department.
- Pitch in on other Legal department tasks as needed.
- Over time this position will take on increased responsibilities that could include review of marketing and public relations materials while working closely with our in-house product marketing and economic analysis groups.
- Member of California Bar
- JD from accredited law school
- Contract negotiation and transaction experience.
- Solid background in general commercial law.
- Internet, software or cloud technology experience preferred; and experience with internet advertising or SaaS agreements desirable.
- Must be able to independently handle contract negotiations via phone and email with clients and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and work effectively with business teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- A self-starter who operates well in a fast-paced environment.
- A sense of humor.