Denodo is looking for a Legal Counsel to join our growing legal team in providing important legal support to the Company and its international operations. We are targeting an individual to join one of our US offices. Your responsibilities will be varied and include interfacing with external legal advisors in different countries, and drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements. You will frequently interact with external business clients while addressing complex issues in an accurate and clear, yet thorough manner.
Primary job responsibilities
- Negotiate, structure, and manage numerous types of commercial agreements including business development and sales-related agreements, licensing, services, confidentiality, and partnership agreements.
- Support bid and proposal efforts, including preparing representations and certifications.
- Work with Operations, Security, Marketing and Finance teams to resolve contractual issues.
- Serve as a point of contact for contract-related questions.
- Interface with external legal teams providing services to the Company in our different locations across the globe.
- Provide practical, decisive guidance to Sales, Business Development and Product teams, balancing business objectives and legal risk.
- Act as subject-matter expert for legal matters relating to Commercial agreements.
- Ensure consistency of contract terms with company policies and goals.
Palo Alto, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- At least 2+ years of experience negotiating complex Software agreements with companies of all sizes, including Fortune 500.
- Strong working knowledge of the Software industry and Contract law, Intellectual Property law, Commercial law, and Software licensing
- Analytical, negotiation, and drafting skills demonstrated through your work experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- The ability to work independently as well as the ability to identify when senior or outside counsel should be consulted.
- Experience developing and managing policies and procedures regarding contracts and commercial relationships, including development of appropriate form documents and clauses.
- A strong client service focus and the ability to efficiently prioritize workflow and manage multidimensional projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of how to balance legal risk with business objectives and successfully get deals closed.
- Fluent in English. Denodo is a very international company, so proficiency in other languages will be a plus.
Denodo is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Denodo will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities in accordance with applicable law