Commercial Construction Superintendent
As a Superintendent, you will lead the construction performance of all commercial field operations which includes monitoring all field procedures, safety, work methods, productivity, quality, labor cost projections and subcontractor staffing requirements. The Superintendent provides leadership and serves as the liaison between project team members to promote the interest of both the business and clients in all matters, as well as demonstrate the characters of a leader. This position reports to the General Superintendent.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the project assignments of the field and internal teams to ensure that projects are delivered safety, on-time, on budget, and with high-quality results.
- Produce project schedules, ensuring follow through with schedule commitments.
- Provide constructability reviews and site logistics development.
- Perform safety audits and address safety concerns as they arise.
Leadership and Communication
- Mentor and develop foremen and assistant superintendents as part of their career growth with Lewis.
- Support training initiatives and career development as a regular and consistent part of your role.
- Recruit, mentor, and retain the best tradespeople and foremen in the industry.
- As the key company conduit you will champion company initiatives and communications to field teams on a consistent and regular basis.
- Stay informed of and updated, in order to report on new construction technologies.
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- A minimum of 10 years relevant general contracting experience leading projects in excess of $20 million.
- Familiarity with all types of structural building frames is essential.
- Experience in healthcare and commercial office projects is preferred.
- Mastery of building processes and best practices.
- Ability to organize necessary resources, including people, tools and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Ability to master project-specific software systems including but not limited to: Microsoft Office suite, BlueBeam, and SurTrak.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, with a strong focus on audience appropriate business writing and verbal skills
- Demonstrate integrity consistent with the Lease Crutcher Lewis which includes Safety, which is Lewis’ #1 value.
- Strong leadership qualities, self-motivated and a team player.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
This position requires work on active commercial construction sites.
A positive attitude and willingness to work with others. We believe that happy people make for a fun and productive culture.