Responsible for the overall management and success of assigned construction projects as measured by the attainment of quality, client satisfaction and profitability goals. Manages all staff assigned to the project. Creates and maintains strong working relationships with the project owner, owner’s tenants and all professional groups involved in the project. Provide oversight for the accurate and timely completion of all paperwork and other administrative aspects required for strong project management execution.
- Monitors all project activity including schedules, spending and related items to ensure timely and quality completion of assigned construction projects. Notifies Director of Operations of any situations that would have a significant impact on the completion date, cost or quality.
- Prepares, completes or reviews all project reports to ensure accuracy. Provides project status report, financialreports and project schedules in accordance with company guidelines on timeliness and completeness of information.
- Facilitates weekly project status meeting with owner, owners rep, vendors, subcontractors and others connected with the project. Prepares and distributes meeting minutes indicating agreements reached, task assignments and related information.
- Conduct internal staff meetings to disseminate appropriate company and project information. Ensures that all staff is informed of needed information, policies and expectations regarding safety and related regulations.
- Perform final review of construction on projects to include review of bid documents, review of bid procedures, review of vendor and subcontractor qualifications, review of final estimates, labor and material takeoffs and related information.
- Notify subcontractors of bid approval and award jobs to same. Notify unsuccessful subcontractors and provide appropriate reasoning as needed. Procure all materials for the project in accordance with established procurement policies and procedures.
- Review subcontractor and vendor invoices throughout the lifecycle of the project and approve for payment or negotiate appropriate changes with subcontractor.
- Follow up with the client as needed to ensure timely payment of fees and other payments to STI. Provide timely and accurate information to accounting to ensure proper invoice preparation to client.
- Prepare and submit change orders for approval of client and Director of Operations. Prepare and submit invoices to accounting for final billing. Ensure subcontractors are notified of all change order documentation.
- Prepare all project close out documentation including submittal of all warranty information, affidavits, record drawings, final retainage payments, releases and accounting related documents. Ensure final payments are received from client and appropriate invoices are paid to subcontractors.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with architect, engineers and other vendors along with client, building representatives, subcontractors and others who are on the project team.
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Science or equivalent work experience is preferred plus 7-10 years of commercial general contractor project management experience. Experience should include strong supervisory responsibility as a Superintendent. Well developed communications, decision making, financial analysis, interpersonal, organizational and team work skills are required. Strong ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with clients and architects is required.
Employees will contribute to and consistently apply Structure Tone’s policies and procedures by effectively working with all Structure Tone personnel without to regard to race, religion, age, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Science or equivalent work experience is preferred plus 3 - 5 years of commercial general contractor project management experience. Experience should include strong supervisory responsibility as a Superintendent. Well developed communications, decision making, financial analysis, interpersonal, organizational and team work skills are required. Strong ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with clients and architects is required.