Piper Companies is seeking a Commercial Construction Project Manager for a direct hire opportunity with our client in Rockville, MD. The Project Manager is responsible for overall turnkey management of specified commercial Solar project(s). S/he may oversee multiple construction projects simultaneously, each at varying stages. This position manages all project aspects so that the project is completed with quality and safety at the forefront, while meeting budget and schedule objectives. The Project Manager reports directly to the Senior ProjectManager and the Director of Commercial Construction. Successful ProjectManagers are organized and detail-oriented, pay close attention to deadlines and deliverables, are adaptable, dependable, punctual, productive, and work well withothers.
- Assist and support Business Development Department with the following:
- Perform site visit and constructability approach
- Develop project budget and estimates
- Develop proposal scope of work, milestone schedule, and overall projectapproach
- Assist and support Business Development team with proposal and presentation preparations
- Manage preconstruction and design development phase
- Using the Critical Path Method, develop and manage project schedule from start milestone to finish milestone to ensure timely completion of all projects
- Manage all project financials
- Manage and develop overall project safety and Crisis Management Plan
- Manage Subcontractors and Vendors relationships
- Manage overall customer relationships
- Provide and manage overall project document controls
- Manage and complete all post construction requirements
- 3-7+ years of experience in commercial construction management and/or large-scale electrical installation
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction practices and skills.
- Strong background in electrical services is preferred.
- PMP and or NABCEP candidates preferred. If not possessed at time of hiring, NABCEP certifications must be obtained within 2 years of employment.
- First Aid, CPR and OHSA 10 certifications preferred. If not possessed at timeof hiring, certifications must be obtained within 1 year of employment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Project, and SharePoint are preferred.
- Previous experience within the Solar Energy industry is a plus
- Salary range based on experience: $60-80k for junior level candidates, $80-120k for senior level
- Full Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, PTO