Commercial Construction Estimator
Our client is in immediate need of a Construction Estimator with 5 years or more experience. Our client is a premier provider of Construction Management Services, General Contracting and Design/Build to Commercial, Healthcare, Educational, Governmental, Senior Living and Multi-Family throughout the United States. This position is located in Bonita Springs, FL where relocation assistance is available. Specific experience in healthcare, multi-family, educational, assisted living, industrial, governmental preferred. Candidates must be well versed in Excel and experienced with on screen quantity surveying programs.
Your Role In This Position
- Key functions of this position include:
- Forecasting project costs and gathering details--compile data to estimate all production & resource costs according to the plans and specifications.
- Prepare quantity take-offs on projects
- Prepare conceptual estimates, prices estimates
- Obtain bids from subcontractors and material vendors
- Analyze and assemble estimates
- Assist in preparing subcontracts, purchase orders, project budgets and schedules
- Assist in negotiations with client/owners
- Make cost analysis and studies and keep abreast of changes in construction costs.
- Utilizes strong organizational skills.
- Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a Construction Estimator
- Commercial Construction experiencepreferred
- Bachelor’s Degreepreferred
- Experienced in managing multiple projects.